48V e bike

rgh

Pedelecer
Oct 22, 2012
I'm after a good 48v e bike at a price that wont bring my hiccups attack on.

C

Cyclezee

Hi RGH,

"off the peg" factory built electric bikes are not available, you would be looking at a converted non powered bike.

rgh

Pedelecer
Oct 22, 2012
Hi John

Thank you for your reply and the link which I'm just going to check.I have come across a converted one which sounds good its a 48v 20ah lipo
battery on a Diamondbach bike which the seller wants £950
just wavering at the moment as to getting it or not.

Last edited:
C

Cyclezee

Hi Rgh,

That bike sounds like one of Banbury Frank's (Xipi).

Could be OK, but especially if used, my advice is to ask the owner lots of questions and if possible try before you buy, otherwise it may not end up as cheap as it looks.

Regards,

rgh

Pedelecer
Oct 22, 2012
Hi John.

He states the bike is used but the kit including the battery and motor are brand new.
he has sent me pics of the bike and it all looks in very good condition,as for viewing it
its to far for me to go and check it out.so it would be delivered.

C

Cyclezee

Obviously if you broadcast the detail on here, everyone will know about it....if they don't already and may beat you to it.

It sounds very much like a Xipi, so I would suggest that you call Banbury Frank and ask him if he knows the history

rgh

Pedelecer
Oct 22, 2012
ok Thanks John.I would be happy to get one of that site if the price was ok.

banbury frank

Banned
Jan 13, 2011
Hi rgh

It don't sound like one off our kits as we only used to sell 48v 10AH or 48v 15 AH battery's we only received our first 48 volt 20AH battery's 2 weeks ago and there is only 2 out there
if you send me copy off photos i can tell its history

we support our bikes Used as it is important they have a good resale value

Please Give me a call

Frank

halfer

Esteemed Pedelecer
If you can't try the bike out for a good 15-30 minutes, then I'd personally advise caution - whether it feels like a good bike to you is important. Admittedly I've only ever bought new, but with a second-hand purchase, I'd suggest you take a (borrowed and/or unpowered) bike along to the seller's address, and ask them to come out with you for a ride. You borrow their electric, they ride along on your bike - so they know you're not going to run off with it :)