-6 But Needs Must...

Marky T

Pedelecer
Sep 13, 2009
Hi all,
Last night I made the decision, I must get up early and test my recently installed Cycle Analyser. I woke about 6:45 to find temp' about -6, anyway out and onward I thought, I'll test my heated gloves and thermal socks out, which had been dropped off by Santa. Out and about I soon found out as soon as I gained any speed my face felt like it was being cut off with a knife and I had not put my thermal leggings on, so my legs where getting slowly detached from the rest of my body. I'm glad to say that the CA was faultless even with a coat of frost on it, recording about nine miles and averaging about 10mph and 11.8Wh per mile, excellent. I stopped at our local Butterley Reservoir to take a few piccies and just as I was framing a shot I had a visitor that landed on my front wheel, seemed to be admiring my front light.

Marky T

Attachments

Marky T

Pedelecer
Sep 13, 2009
great pics Marty T, and rushtrek is looking great either, is that panel on the handlebar is the cycle analyst?
Thanks Oxygen Bicycles,
I try to keep the bike in absolutely mint condition, the console on the handlebars is the CA, which I installed Christmas Eve. You may also note the excellent Remote, motion detection alarm at the base of the battery guide, it is really loud.

Marky T

NRG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 6, 2009
I love the last shot Mark! Very brave going out so early in the morning :)

Marky T

Pedelecer
Sep 13, 2009
I love the last shot Mark! Very brave going out so early in the morning :)
Cheers NRG,

On the way back home I saw a man with a dog, A BIG DOG, which wasn't on a lead, anyway it started jumping about and barking, then started running toward me, I stopped and just tried to be nice to it as it closed in and luckely it didn't take my arm off. The owner came up to me and said the same thing, asking, how long I'd been out. I felt just as brave standing my ground when the dog came bounding at me.:eek:

Marky T

allen-uk

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2010
Marky: could you give us more info on the motion detector, please.

And do you have any problems with it going off for no reason (i.e. like many car alarms!)

Allen

fishzx7r

Pedelecer
Sep 8, 2010
Colchester, UK

And do you have any problems with it going off for no reason (i.e. like many car alarms!)

Allen
I bought one of these of e-bay only cheap £6-99 but very loud, will not go off unless set, and you can adjust the sensablity of the movement senser,

Bicycle Bike Security Alarm 110 dB Audible Sound Lock

Just search e-bay for bike alarms

Rob

Marky T

Pedelecer
Sep 13, 2009

Allen
Hi Allen,
I've never had it go off for no reason at all, it takes 3 triple A batteries, which lasts about 2-3weeks. There is a sensetivity adjuster and it comes with a remote keyfob. I've found it ideal for guarding the bike if you're just nipping into a shop and are within running distance to get back to the bike should the alarm go off. One thing is for sure nobody will get near the bike and it is very loud, I still can't believe that such a little unit can produce this sound. I recommend it for added security

Marky T

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
love the last shot........ and a shame the Rush Trek dont seem to be around any more

Marky T

Pedelecer
Sep 13, 2009
love the last shot........ and a shame the Rush Trek dont seem to be around any more
Thanks Eddieo,
Yes it is a shame, personally I've always thought that the Rush Trek was one of the better looking E-bikes. I intend to look after it the best I can and hope it pays me back with the memories and good times I've had this past year, me and my 4 year old daughter. It's like this, what my Rush Trek wants, it gets.

Marky T

allen-uk

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2010
Marky: so is it the same one that Fishzx linked to?

A