A bike for 'Eddy' - just for starts and steep hills?

Crankwinder

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 25, 2023
They always start off with a simple problem that's easy to solve, then put so many constraints on it that it's impossible to solve.

Go and have a word with Eddy and tell him to get real.
Who are "They", the cat's parents? I guess you mean those enquirers like me who are merely "Finding their (electric) wheels". You may be an "Esteemed pedelecer", but I'm afraid your reply is no help at all. Are you not aware that 'start assist' is a thing - and can be found on an increasing number of European pedelec systems? Perhaps not, if your focus is on delivering more power and speed to those who don't really NEED it.

I may not yet know all that much about pedelecs, but I know how to find things out and do seem to have discovered a solution that satisfies all of Eddy's requirements.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Who are "They", the cat's parents? I guess you mean those enquirers like me who are merely "Finding their (electric) wheels". You may be an "Esteemed pedelecer", but I'm afraid your reply is no help at all. Are you not aware that 'start assist' is a thing - and can be found on an increasing number of European pedelec systems? Perhaps not, if your focus is on delivering more power and speed to those who don't really NEED it.

I may not yet know all that much about pedelecs, but I know how to find things out and do seem to have discovered a solution that satisfies all of I've been on this forum for 13 years. During that time, we have had very many people make posts similar to yours, so when you put them all together, it makes "they", and you are one of them.
I've been on this forum for 13 years. During that time, we have had very many people make posts similar to yours, so when you put them all together, it makes "they", and you are one of them.

Those posters tend to fall into two categories: Idealists, which needs no explanation, and shills, who present a problem, then try and guide people to a product that supposedly is a solution to that problem, but the whole thing is contrived.

I don't have start assist on my bike, so can you explain to me the different types on the different systems and advise which is best and why.

Where did you get the idea that I focus on "delivering more power and speed to those who don't really NEED it". Can you give some examples?

matthewslack

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2021
The Thunder Mountain Electric Bike, in its v4.2 iteration, presents a compelling fusion of adventure and urban mobility with vibrant colors and impressive specifications at an affordable price. Ideal for both challenging mountain trails and city streets, Thunder boasts a hardtail front suspension for exceptional ride dynamics. The 48V rear hub brushless motor, available in 250W and robust 500W variants, ensures a smooth, quiet ride with consistent power output. The integrated 48V, 10.5Ah battery, constructed with premium cells, promises longevity and sleek aesthetics. With a digitally connected throttle and T6 colored display, riders can monitor vital stats and control the throttle on the go. Featuring an Aluminum 6061 frame, fat all-terrain tires, Shimano gears, and hydraulic disc brakes, Thunder delivers adaptability, precision, and safety. Complimentary accessories further enhance the riding experience, making Thunder a standout electric mountain bike worth investing in.
Reported as bot.

Reactions: HelenJ

V1ffer

Just Joined
Jan 29, 2024
Yes, agree with some of the posts here , Eddy is definitely looking for a ready made e-bike rather than a bike conversion.
I have a long 25% hill near my house, and on full power assist my haibike makes it easy, even stopping halfway up for a mars bar and restarting. The one I've got is over 25kg with the battery though so that won't help him when he goes over 25km/h.
I'd say try the lightest ready made e-bike from a recognised manufacturer and it should tick the boxes. Ain't gonna be cheap though.