A Thread from Phill for those who are not very Smart!

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
read some reviews there junk and a rip off

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
ill keep my Sennheiser-HD650 ;)

Smart eBiker

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 15, 2015
IMG_2634.JPG IMG_2635.JPG IMG_2636.JPG IMG_2639.JPG :D You lot are hilarious :p

OK my new smart leather case has just arrived, only problem is that there is no protection from credit cards and the screen, one of my cards is made from pure titanium metal and I was worried it would scratch my screen, so I have fitted a tempered glass 9H hardness cover to the phone screen, you can hardly see it so looks great and will protect my Apple top of the range iphone :D

Here are a couple of pics, sorry I didn't drill my phone I'm not such a kn*b :D

Have a fantastic day :)

Reactions: Data_Daedalus

derf

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 4, 2014
Cor!! You pipped me to that one. It's quite appealing.
or appalling tbh
View attachment 15734 View attachment 15735 View attachment 15736 View attachment 15737 :D You lot are hilarious :p

OK my new smart leather case has just arrived, only problem is that there is no protection from credit cards and the screen, one of my cards is made from pure titanium metal and I was worried it would scratch my screen, so I have fitted a tempered glass 9H hardness cover to the phone screen, you can hardly see it so looks great and will protect my Apple top of the range iphone :D

Here are a couple of pics, sorry I didn't drill my phone I'm not such a kn*b :D

Have a fantastic day :)
but why use cards, why not applepay? its the reason I ditched the samsung

Smart eBiker

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 15, 2015
or appalling tbh

but why use cards, why not applepay? its the reason I ditched the samsung
Applepay is not fully implemented so there are still a lot of places that don't accept it, even where they do like Waitrose I have had occasions where I have gone to pay with my phone and a spot check is done by the system which asks the cashier to check the card, so be careful if cardless! I have an Amex card and a growing number of establishments are refusing to accept it, so need a backup master card.

The technology is arriving gradually but far from flawless at the moment.

By the way I have just set up voice activated Siri on my macbook pro on the new Sierra operating system, if anyone wants to know how to do this let me know, it is cool as it enables you to multi task.

I have Alexa arriving on Wednesday, she seems so cool I am looking forward to welcoming her into my home and see what she can do for me, I may even have her on my boat :D

derf

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 4, 2014
Applepay is not fully implemented so there are still a lot of places that don't accept it, even where they do like Waitrose I have had occasions where I have gone to pay with my phone and a spot check is done by the system which asks the cashier to check the card, so be careful if cardless! I have an Amex card and a growing number of establishments are refusing to accept it, so need a backup master card.

The technology is arriving gradually but far from flawless at the moment.

By the way I have just set up voice activated Siri on my macbook pro on the new Sierra operating system, if anyone wants to know how to do this let me know, it is cool as it enables you to multi task.

I have Alexa arriving on Wednesday, she seems so cool I am looking forward to welcoming her into my home and see what she can do for me, I may even have her on my boat :D
since its launch in France in July, apple pay has been OK for me, it is supported by MasterCard and visa here, is it in the UK? So far it's been without hiccups for me. first Hannah then Alexa, is your name Blake Carrington by any chance?

Smart eBiker

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 15, 2015
What could Alexa do for you? :D

£150 with £50 off that price for Amazon Prime members at the moment, launches here in the UK on Wednesday this week ;) They also do an Amazon Dot, https://www.amazon.co.uk/Amazon-Echo-Dot-Generation-Black/dp/B01DFKBL68/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1474895675&sr=8-1&keywords=dot this is the same as the Echo but without the large speaker, so handy to have scattered around the home in different rooms, they launch in October, you can get a deal buying 10 and get 2 free so will cover most of your rooms, they are only £50 each so cheaper than the echo and still have a small speaker in them. I have heard however that they are all linked so you can't have them as separate zones, that could be damn annoying of your reply to a question was answered in every room, I'm still investigating this.

NOTE these have been available in the US for a year or so, the is an updated version being launched for the UK on Wednesday, and the Dot has now been re designed and is now smaller as can be seen in my link.

Last edited:

Smart eBiker

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 15, 2015
since its launch in France in July, apple pay has been OK for me, it is supported by MasterCard and visa here, is it in the UK? So far it's been without hiccups for me. first Hannah then Alexa, is your name Blake Carrington by any chance?
Maybe we are not so trusted in the UK :) I used it without issue in France over the summer months.

I use android pay. Not restricted to a specific manufacturer. Whenever I tap my phone the uneducated always ask if it's an iPhone...
Same here. I love that open source goodness [emoji6]
TBF iPhones have their place, great for women, children or the very aged.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Reactions: flecc

derf

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 4, 2014
Same here. I love that open source goodness [emoji6]
TBF iPhones have their place, great for women, children or the very aged.

in a semi serious vein, I used to feel compelled to like android, but frankly with all the glitches and updates that don't work (desensitising ones keyboard etc. on a Samsung S7), I just gave up. I know one is supposed to no like corporations, but life's too short.

in a semi serious vein, I used to feel compelled to like android, but frankly with all the glitches and updates that don't work (desensitising ones keyboard etc. on a Samsung S7), I just gave up. I know one is supposed to no like corporations, but life's too short.
A good point well made derf.
I'm gonna hang in there with the little robot, nothing a weekly reboot doesn't address :)

Advertisers