Another few miles on the clock

carpetbagger

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 20, 2007
blackburn
After doing the ride with the 24% gradient 3 times in the last week which was 38 mile round trip with a lot if climbing,plus a 3.5 mile detour and a further 21 miles after tea last night,i thought i would do an easy tide today.
The intention was to ride to Gisburn (of Renault advert fame), appox 18 miles but a lot flatter.
I reached Gisburn and noticed the first light hadn't gone out,so i thought i would carry on until it did. At 19.8 it finally went,but i thought i might as well ride the next hill and then it would be a 40 mile round trip. I then decided that i might as well make it 25 miles each way. I then reached a sign saying skipton 3 miles. How could i resist ! I rode on to the barge hire place on the Leeds-Liverpool canal just as you get into Skipton...27.42 miles.
A 5 min break and then time to return....a lot slower....with a few stops.
The 2nd light went at 48.6 miles. Total ride was 54.85 miles and my average heart rate was 125...The 181 max at the start being due to bad connection with my chest !
To be honest when i got back i was shattered but i will do it again one day.
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/102378374

Last edited:

kitchenman

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 9, 2010
Aberaeron, West Wales
Inspiring stuff Mick. I'm looking forward to sorting out my towing method and having an adventure on Saturday. I'm going on the Kennet and Avon Canal. Whats the Leeds-Liverpool Canal like for cycling?

carpetbagger

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 20, 2007
blackburn
I haven't really rode along it...i only went up to it today. One day i will give it a try,providing it doesn't get my pride and joy dirty !!