another newbie says hi

dencol

Just Joined
Mar 8, 2013
Thought I would start with an intro before overloading you all with questions :)

I used to use a cycle mainly commuting and for a number of years as part of my job however some 15 years ago an injury forced me into using the car. Now as I approach the big 60 and well on the way to recovery after 2 ½ yrs. fighting Leukaemia I have decided to get back on a bike. Because of injury and illness I looked (in my mind) at one of these new-fangled electric bikes, I was looking at mainly on road and occassional cycle routes, I did look at a number of different bikes but most were a price I could not at the moment justify, as a result I have just taken delivery of a Salisbury LPX as a starter / introduction to getting back in the saddle.

Managed to get out and about today for the first time and got to say I’m pleased with the purchase, ok only managed about 20 minutes before deciding a cup of tea was needed but I can see my fitness improving. The big advantage was getting back home using the throttle instead of having to pedal all the way back :D:D

Must say I had however forgotten about the superhero stuff,

bike + Bike lights + bright yellow jacket = the power of invisibility,

that was until someone overtook me and immediately pulled in to park. :mad:

Old_Dave

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 15, 2012
Dumfries & Galloway
Welcome to the forum... Never forget, their all out to get you, lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 4366

Bright yellow reflective jackets are also known as invisibility cloaks. I've seen them on Ebay described as such.

AlMel

Pedelecer
Jan 22, 2013
Essonne, France
I was going to say that with an e-bike you'll never look back, but perhaps that's not so wise on public roads! Welcome.