For Sale Ansmann style 10.4ah 36w battery with housing and charger

steverebo

Pedelecer
Sep 8, 2023
I was unable to find a 48v version of one of these so I'm selling the lot and replacing it with a 48v hailong mounted to my rear rack instead. Battery is pretty much new for the bike in sugust started riding it a few weeks ago so it's had 2 weeks worth of riding and charges.

36V 10Ah Rack Mount Battery, with power indicator
Charger included
Has seen 8 days use
Taken from a dawes falcon compact 2023

£200 delivered ono

Attachments

Last edited:

matthewslack

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2021
I take it from your plan to replace with a generic 48V battery that this is a simple two wire + and - connection, and because the mount is included, is suitable for anyone looking for a rack mount 10Ah 36V battery for a conversion project or to revive an existing generic bike that needs a new rack mount battery.

steverebo

Pedelecer
Sep 8, 2023
I take it from your plan to replace with a generic 48V battery that this is a simple two wire + and - connection, and because the mount is included, is suitable for anyone looking for a rack mount 10Ah 36V battery for a conversion project or to revive an existing generic bike that needs a new rack mount battery.
Exactly that, I am keeping the Rack for my conversion to hailong style but the mount that has controller storage with all screws bit and the charger are all included. Its a simple 2 wire connection with 4mm bullet connectors but I have attached a bullet to xt60 adaptor which will be included

Reactions: matthewslack

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Exactly that, I am keeping the Rack for my conversion to hailong style but the mount that has controller storage with all screws bit and the charger are all included. Its a simple 2 wire connection with 4mm bullet connectors but I have attached a bullet to xt60 adaptor which will be included
Wouldn't it be better to sell it with the rack, since the battery isn't much good without it, then you can buy a new rack that would be much more suitable for a hailong battery and look better for your bike?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
If the bike came with the rack and battery, then it should be sold with the same pair so that the battery is secure and fits/docks correctly on the bike.
Any new owner lely won't want to pfaff about finding a correct rack that will fit.

steverebo

Pedelecer
Sep 8, 2023
If the bike came with the rack and battery, then it should be sold with the same pair so that the battery is secure and fits/docks correctly on the bike.
Any new owner lely won't want to pfaff about finding a correct rack that will fit.
The current rack is only for a 20inch wheel folding bike but there are plenty of compatible racks that fit all size bikes and wheels available it's a pretty standard fitting.

Here is a link to one but there are many other on ebay ect

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
The current rack is only for a 20inch wheel folding bike but there are plenty of compatible racks that fit all size bikes and wheels available it's a pretty standard fitting.

Here is a link to one but there are many other on ebay ect

Whatever bike you have, a rack battery needs to be as low as possible and as far forward as possible. That two-stage rack will hold your Hailong battery too high. You'll get much better handling with a normal one that'll hold the battery two or three inches lower.

Also, when you add the £45 price of a new rack to that battery, it pushes the price over what a new one with 30% more capacity costs:

Last edited:

steverebo

Pedelecer
Sep 8, 2023
Whatever bike you have, a rack battery needs to be as low as possible and as far forward as possible. That two-stage rack will hold your Hailong battery too high. You'll get much better handling with a normal one that'll hold the battery two or three inches lower.

Also, when you add the £45 price of a new rack to that battery, it pushes the price over what a new one with 30% more capacity costs:
There are no normal ones that I could find that fit a 20inch wheel folding bike with suiyabke fixings, the design of the bike itself means any battery will still be fairly low to the ground even on the upper tier and I can install the controller in a box on the lower tier

Those 2 batteries with racks may have higher capacity but they are significantly bigger, heavier ane the quality level will we dubious due to them likely being made by the seller so it's a risk buying one. This battery is from a known brand with high quality control and in pretty much new condition

If I could find a rack that would fit ny size bike and needs then the rack would be sold with it and I have stated I'm open to offers on the battery