Anybody want to recell their Giant La Free Lite/twist battery?

neil mcfarlane

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 23, 2010
I want to place a (minimum) order of 5 of these from China:

electric bike Nimh rechargeable battery pack - Detailed info for electric bike Nimh rechargeable battery pack,electric bike battery,electric bike Nimh rechargeable battery pack, on Alibaba.com

For a discussion of these batteries, see here:

http://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/electric-bicycles/5608-recelling-my-giant-lafree-battery-3.html

I know nothing about electronics but I'm going to use Flecc's page here to recell my old battery:

recelling

I'm sure I speak for Flecc if I say there's no guarantee this will work (also see his warning here:

battchoice

), but at £80.25 a pack, I'm willing to have a go. The only problem is the 5-pack minimum order. What I'd like to do is get three or four others interested in taking one off my hands (it would be the cost of the battery plus postage (approx £10 = £90 in total) to you from me in Wales).

What I don't want is to get them here, find they're rubbish, and find I've thrown away £400.

If anyone would like to go in with me on this, let me know. No need for money up front, as long as you give me scouts' honour you'll take one off my hands when they arrive I'll trust you 'cos that's the kind of naive fool I am!

geostorm

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 7, 2009
battery pack

hi great idea if its well tested any feedback from suppliers at all,? would they be able to mix match with 36v pack do you know ?

Jokmath

Jul 13, 2010
Chinese batteries

No one seems to be taking you up on this proposal. I only want to get one pack till I know if it works but would be happy to pay for one if you decide to go for it. May be worth contacting them and seeing if they'd go for a smaller order I suppose.
Where are you in Wales? - I am in Pembrokeshire

Charles mathieson

geostorm

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 7, 2009
recell

well its worth a try, i am, in Kent so we are not too close.

Last edited:

neil mcfarlane

Jul 23, 2010
Hi

Sorry for being offline for so long. I'm now in the middle of writing a final dissertation for my MA and am a bit stressed.

I'll be submitting my dissertation in October and will check back here then to see if there are 3 or 4 people who are willing to go in with me. At the moment I'm too busy to sleep!

I'm in Aberystwyth by the way.

mitty

Pedelecer
Mar 12, 2007
Hi I just saw your recent post. Do you know if these packs are suitable for the twist 2.0 batteries ? or just the older twists as I have both !

Thanks mitty

pia

Jun 9, 2011
did you ever go ahead with this??? am in the same situation as you, let me know, pia

roadster

Pedelecer
Apr 26, 2011
guy just take care ( AND ASK FIRST ) i import from China through ali express and customs always check for batteries etc - never had a box that had not been opened before delivery - just saying check first... hope this helps....

pia

Jun 9, 2011
yes

are you still on for this? WOuld potentially be interested in 3 of them...