Are there any kits for the crank i.e panasonic

zebody

Pedelecer
Oct 19, 2009
East Yorkshire
Any answers to the following:

Are there any kits for the crank i.e panasonic ?

I am looking into converting wifes raleigh metro lx ladies

In particular it was the performance of a superb E Motion that impressed

recently tried at Onbike

Cheers

Zebody

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
There's no sophisticated ones that can compare with the proper thing zebody, since they have the bottom bracket incorporated into the motor unit and the bike frames just have a special mounting for the unit. Therefore none of the good units from Panasonic (which e-motion use), Bosch, Daum, Yamaha etc could be fitted to an existing bike.

It's possible to add a fairly crude throttle controlled motor kit from Cyclone of Taiwan, but they are nothing like as refined as the proper thing. Scroll right down on the page below and you'll get all the details:

Cyclone Taiwan kits

zebody

Pedelecer
Oct 19, 2009
East Yorkshire
Thancs flecc, the add on ones do look very crude.

Would any kit hub motors give a similar action compared to the panasonic i.e adding to the effort the rider puts in.

We have 2 Ezeetorq's fantastic bikes but a very basic pedelic action at you have to put in all of the work to gain a small speed increase.

Regards Zebody

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I'm afraid hub motor kits generally still include rather crude control systems since good torque sensing demands that it's built into the bike.

Probably the best of all is the BionX system and I think you should try one of the bikes equipped with one. Trek make some BionX equipped models and Kalkhoff make one as well. What you find then is good for the kit also since it's sensing is built into the system.

The snag though is that the kits are much more expensive than others, also their batteries, though the quality is very good. The kit prices are such that it's actually worth buying one of the BionX equipped Trek models instead, and have two bikes!