Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2017
South Yorks
i

it can be activated etc when riding like the bike speed rs dongle
Have I got this right about dongles..

ASA - activated/deactivated whilst riding
Bikespeedrs - activated/deactivated whilst riding
Badass - Always on whilst attached to bike.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Reactions: The Bear

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

The Bear

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2017
South Yorks
Thanks soundwave

I like the idea of being able to turn it on/off whilst riding, but to be honest I probably wouldn't ever want to turn it off!!

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
i never take mine off only for cleaning and still has the same batt from new.

the speed not being right just dont bother me tbh as you keep looking at it then you be going up and over someones car sooner or later as i came close a few times lol.

DangerousDave79

Pedelecer
Sep 11, 2017
Northern Ireland
i never take mine off only for cleaning and still has the same batt from new.

the speed not being right just dont bother me tbh as you keep looking at it then you be going up and over someones car sooner or later as i came close a few times lol.
Fair point soundwave, Ive done that once, I was 14, I hit the bonnet of a local police man.......I got up, winded, and cycled off as fast as I could. Dont think he ever knew.....whouldnt like to hit it now at my wieght doing ebike speeds.

#randomstory...

DangerousDave79

Pedelecer
Sep 11, 2017
Northern Ireland
Soundwave,

Any experience in changing the drive sprockets on your ebikes?

Ive a 15T standard on my Cube with dongle, fine but I spin out on streights and have lots more in the tank I could be using.

I was reading somewhere that the 15T is like a normal 35T and that a 17T in the UK would be the max advisable for hills etc

Have you any experience or advice on such?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
  • Agree
Reactions: Steve A

Steve A

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 28, 2016
Ashford, UK
I have the 15, 18 and 20t haibike xduro sprocket. Settled on the 20t giving great range in gears and climbing ability, also don't max out till you hit 40mph, then it was my heart and legs that maxed out after a few seconds. I'm running 27.5 wheels so it might make a difference if your on a 29er.

I tried cone but as sound wave knows it made chain sit too close to bosch casing and damaged it, hence the haibike xduro sprockets are better.

Advertisers