Batribikes?

Wooky72

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 18, 2010
What is the general opinion regarding Batribikes? Have searched the forums and can't see much about them, apart from comments saying their ranges were exaggerated.....

GORDONAL

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 11, 2009
sunny Powys(Wales),Spain
My friend bought a folder Batribike and is more than pleased. He is a very unfit 67 and uses the throttle button/switch about 20% of the time and he gets about 25 miles or so range. In comparison to my Panasonic drive system its noisy but it was half of the price so you get what you pay for, overall quality of the Batribike seems good. Al.

Wooky72

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 18, 2010
Thank-you for your reply Gordonal.
I checked their website and the folding bike is a Quartz which has a 26 V / 10.5 Ah lithium polymer battery so the one I like should have an even bigger range.

I've been looking at lots of bikes, and tried about five....what seems to me to be very good is the Batribike Diamond which has a 36V / 10Ah Lithium Polymer battery, brushed 250w rear hub motor, 4 levels of pedal assist, and throttle. It also has regenerative braking, where by pedalling backwards two rotations you put power back in to the battery. The motor & electronics has warranty for 2 years, battery for 1 year, and frame for 3 years. £799.

I found someone's review on the Granite which is similar spec:
Morrey UK: Batribike

I had a short blast on the Diamond at the Cycle show and liked it, but need a better test run.

This seems very good so I am just wondering why there isn't more talk about it on here...am I missing something? :confused:

Any help much appreciated, thank-you!

RoadieRoger

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2010
Batribike

Wooky I can give you an opinion on the Batribike Quartz . I bought one for my wife`s 70th birthday in September . At the time the Quartz model was only available as the SE , which comes with the 26V 8Ah battery . The price as a result was £649 instead of £749 . I am very pleased with it and have covered 150 miles .It rides comfortably on it`s telescopic forks and suspension saddle .The brakes are progressive and powerful and pull up without judder . I have two other bicycles and several motorcycles and Scooters , but these days take the Batribike on trips of 15 miles . I bought the Folder because it was compact and would be easy to lift down 5 steps . The folding pedals and the handy tubular frame over the hinge mechanism make it easy . Lift here and the balance is perfect .The build and finish are good enough to put on the mantlepiece and people admire it wherever I go .
I ride it mainly on the low assist on the flat or down hills , on slopes or into wind I use medium assist and for steep hills maximum assist , obviously with sensible use of the 7 gears . It will give at least 40 miles on this type of riding .Since buying it I have ridden up all the hills and Barry has some big ones and I`m 72 years old .If you buy one of these you can double your normal ride distance for pleasure .
My only criticism is it is a bit low geared and this has been addressed by the Batribike Dealer in Malmsbury who has altered the gearing . On the standard gears about 10 miles in the hour is the limit, as your legs won`t go around fast enough .Show it a bit of down hill and you are soon up to 27 mph and will have travelled a fair way before you can start pedalling again ! I find the handlebars a bit high , but don`t want to shorten them until my wife has actually ridden it !On occasions such as junctions or roundabouts or to show off , I select twistgrip throttle mode and then it shifts .
The 2011 Model has the motor in the rear wheel and the battery on the carrier .I think the balance would be poorer and who wants to remove the rear wheel with a motor attached , the front motor position is easier as it is separate from chains and sprockets . Think of rear wheel puncture repair !
To conclude, it is a nice machine and every thing works easily and it is simple to understand , just as well as the instruction book isn`t up to much . If any potential buyers have any more queries , I will be pleased to answer them .

RoadieRoger

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2010
Rack Bag

I have been looking for a bag to fit on the carrier of the Quartz . After seeing that Halfords had reduced their prices , I went down to the Barry Store today and purchased a nice grey one for £29.99 .This was the same one I looked at a few weeks ago when it was £40 . It is fixed with two velcro straps and is nice and secure .It has loads of pockets , a place to hang a rear light , a bright yellow waterproof cover that can be zipped out to envelop the whole bag and it is well padded inside to carry a camera safely . It is described as a 9 litre Rack Pack .