Battery problem..

Johno1971

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 14, 2017
Leicester. United Kingdom
So far so good, apologies for all the Q&A's but necessary to try and find the issue. Bare with me as I'm in between recelling lipo packs.

Your 50.7v measurement was from the output pins or the wiring on the pins ?
No problem and the q&a helps me as well as anyone else with the same or similar problem.
Yes 50.7v from the output pins.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Ok good, you are now seeing the true pack voltage reading in the right place now.
The battery should in theory take a proper charge now, next we need to know if the charger is working properly.
With the charger not connected to the battery plug it in and switch on, measure the charger output voltage it should be 54.6v.

Johno1971

Sep 14, 2017
Ok good, you are now seeing the true pack voltage reading in the right place now.
The battery should in theory take a proper charge now, next we need to know if the charger is working properly.
With the charger not connected to the battery plug it in and switch on, measure the charger output voltage it should be 54.6v.
Yes mate I'm getting 54.6v from the charger

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Charge the battery up Johno and hopefully all will be ok.
If it charges and all is ok I can only think that either the BMS went to sleep and disconnecting the BMS has reset it or some where along the line there is a continuity issue that needs resoldering if it happens again.
As you have the dvm out and the battery open it is worth checking the switch wiring at both ends of the contacts if the dvm has continuity/buzzer mode.

Last edited:

Johno1971

Sep 14, 2017
Charge the battery up Johno and hopefully all will be ok.
If it charges and all is ok I can only think that either the BMS went to sleep and disconnecting the BMS has reset it or some where along the line there is a continuity issue that needs resoldering if it happens again.
As you have the dvm out and the battery open it is worth checking the switch wiring at both ends of the contacts if the dvm has continuity/buzzer mode.
I'll give it a charge and see if it will get me to work in the morning.
Thank you for all your help.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Any update, how did it go ?

Johno1971

Sep 14, 2017
Any update, how did it go ?
Good morning mate
I gave it a good charge and it got me work without a problem.. charged it back up at work and it brought me home.
So everything seams ok.
Thank you but if it happens again for some unknown reason I will post here.
Thanks again for all your help

Related Articles

Advertisers