Battery to fit a kit.

Wayners

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 5, 2023
Gloucester
I noticed a few ebike kits don't come with a battery. I guess you connect the battery to whichever controller you you have but is this easy? I guess If you can't find a plug to fit then get soldering iron out?..
Just wondered.

matthewslack

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2021
I noticed a few ebike kits don't come with a battery. I guess you connect the battery to whichever controller you you have but is this easy? I guess If you can't find a plug to fit then get soldering iron out?..
Just wondered.
Yes, just be really careful to follow standard ways of using each type of connector. There are at least three types, cheapo bullets, XC60 and XC90, and Anderson power poles.

Plenty of examples of all three online.

Reactions: Wayners

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
XT not XC.

Reactions: StuartsProjects

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Here's how I see it. It doesn't make sense to solder two connectors onto to pairs of wires so that you can have a contact connection when it would me quicker, cheaper and better to solder the wires together directly. Even if you were planning on replacing the battery later, you'd still need to solder on a connector, which is the same work as soldering the wires together.

Just to make it clear, although I said battery wires, I mean the wires on the battery base/receiver thing. The battery just clips in or out.

Reactions: Wayners

Related Articles

Advertisers