Bergamont, Cube bikes in Montenegro region questions

Joshb

Just Joined
Dec 30, 2022
Hi, I am looking at moving to Montenegro, Budva precisely. There are some hills and I am looking at solid ebike with service support. I came across a dealer in Croatia that services down into Montenegro and travels to your location. He is saying Bergamont and Cube bikes with Bosch drive Gen 4 are best and easiest to maintain etc. Anyone have any experience with these? Looking to do maybe 30-50 mile rides sometimes, groceries, shopping. I think a commuter tire would work as I am not looking to go crazy offroad. Full suspension preferred but could go step thru with suspension post. Middrives are not as big in the USA and are known for high maintenance but it seems with motor restrictions in Europe that they are more popular and probably the best way to clime 2000' over a mile or two to the flat from main road.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
bosch motors are not meant to be serviced tho it is possible if you know what you are doing but they wont sell any motor parts or controllers.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
you get 2 year warranty so any problems after that you will have to pay for a new motor ect.

as the gen 4 motors are so new it is impossible to say if they are any good or not over time but after 10.000 miles the bearings should be replaced.

the only motors made to be serviced is the Yamaha ones as can buy controllers and motor parts but not the motors on giant bikes.

Joshb

Just Joined
Dec 30, 2022
you get 2 year warranty so any problems after that you will have to pay for a new motor ect.

as the gen 4 motors are so new it is impossible to say if they are any good or not over time but after 10.000 miles the bearings should be replaced.

the only motors made to be serviced is the Yamaha ones as can buy controllers and motor parts but not the motors on giant bikes.
Thank you.