Best electric bikes under 2000

Frankie24

Pedelecer
Apr 14, 2014
The price in here is 2450 euros what is more or less the same as 1999 pounds and it is with the 9ah Batery.
If I go to the cross here is about 2800 euros wich is 800 more than I wanted. ( well I was going to buy the sirocco 2 and then I am looking for 2000euros bikes..haha)
The cube is the one cheaper, looks with more or less same specs than the xenion650 but maybe a nicer looking plus the service and the extras I mentioned before.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
I've just noticed you've upped your budget to Eur2,800 - most people would not spend more than £1000 on their first e-bike, not because they can't afford more than that, more because they can't be sure that they are going to use it that much, keep it that long or want to upgrade in the following year. If you buy a £600 bike (eg Sirocco 2 with 10AH battery, it will cover the same distance than the Xenion or the Xtrem) for Dublin, it's perfectly good for the commuting you have in mind, you can re-sell it a year later for £300-400, if you spend £2000 - a year later you'll get £1000 - £1200.

Frankie24

Pedelecer
Apr 14, 2014
The main thing is that if I get one of the others I have support in here. Maybe is hard to have problems with the bikes that are very reliable, however you never know. If I get one of the woosh I would get maybe the cdl, and another option would be the vita uno. The price as you said is 900 euros plus the shipping that I have to pay that is about 70 euros. This is making nearly 1000euros which is 1000 less than the cube.
If I get a problem and I have to send there as I don't have support here I would have to pay twice (go and back) plus the service. If I have just one problem it would be nearly another 200 euros, yes, is true maybe I don't have the problem, but maybe I have.
That's why I upped my budget in 1000euros (2800 euros is the price of the cross which I am not going to get)
I know because everyone told me that woosh bikes are good, very good, and I didn't get any bad information about the vita uno as well, but once I am going to spend money, I wouldn't mind to be relaxed in case I get a problem with it.
About that I don't know if I will use that much you are rigth, but thinking that with the bike I save a parking space in Dublin city centre means 720 euros a year plus the petrol. I know myself and even if I hate I will use as long as I can because I've never mind the bad weather or so for using the bike, I just stopped with normal bikes because of the pain on my legs, but nothing else :)

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
we are talking about small probability here. The 8-Fun SWX motor on the Sirocco 2 is the same as on the Vita Uno, the reliability of this motor is really good. Less than 2% failure per annum. If it fails, courier cost to send the wheel to the UK is about £20. The manufacturers will pay to send it back to you. The rest of the electronics is plug and play, about £5 to send it back. The battery is the real problem, although failure rate is very low, very few couriers will accept to transport battery, the cost is about £27 by DPD Europe. I usually recommend Woosh for commuting because their bikes are well equipped and comfortable for the job and less likely to get nicked.

Last edited:
Reactions: Frankie24

Frankie24

Pedelecer
Apr 14, 2014
Trex, after your answer I just look stupid hahaha( I was thinking to send the whole bike XD)
In that way you are right and I know they are very reliable bikes.
I knew about the batteries as sometimes they have to be sent separately from the bike.
I know they are good bikes but after trying the others is hard to say " I save money and I get one cheaper with lower specs" ( apart of the motor or battery)
I think that if someone never drove a car and the first one that try is a BMW and then a nissan, if he/she has the money would get probably the first one..

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
that's pretty accurate summing up. whichever bike you buy now, I bet you'll want to upgrade every year! (I do anyway).

Frankie24

Pedelecer
Apr 14, 2014
You can be right trex, but hopefully you will be wrong hahaha :)
I hope I like enough to keep for few years.
I love coffee and I'm barista, last year I decided to buy an espresso machine and a grinder for 1500€, I asked in some well known forums and told me the same. At the moment, very happy with what I got and not thinking in upgrade or whatsoever :)

Reactions: trex

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
my son is coffee (machine) mad too. so how many cups of coffee do you drink a day?

Frankie24

Pedelecer
Apr 14, 2014
Hahahaha that's the funny thing. I don't drink more than 2-3 lattes a day.
I use to improve my latte art skills and find some new drawings.
So sometimes I make 10 coffees and throw them in the sink, looking for the perfectionhahaha ;)

Reactions: superDove and trex

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
development in coffee machines has indeed reached maturation, only humans can improve the end result now. E-bikes still have a long way to go. Look at the difference between a 2013 (classic) Bosch drive and a 2014 Bosch. Up to last year, crank drive was the way to go. Nobody is sure this year with the Panasonic hub motor. My bet still stands, you are going to want to upgrade your bike next year.

Frankie24

Pedelecer
Apr 14, 2014
In coffee machines is not just like that, there are some super automatics machines where you throw the coffee beans and is doing everything for you, everyone thought that they weren't last too much but they still in the market because they have another function and are for another customers, about the bike I don't know, you'll maybe right..

Frankie24

Pedelecer
Apr 14, 2014
Do anyone knows if the motor in the bh xenion 650 is the same as the cube reaction pro 2014?
I can't find the information, in the pictures they don't look the same and I just can find that the xenion use the ibs technology.. Is that one the older model?
Could anyone tell me if is any big differencebetween the Ktm macina cross( the cheaper one or the 10 which I think is the next one) and the cube reaction pro?
They have same motor and battery I think and looks pretty much the same..
Thanks lads :)