best purchase i`ve made

stoney

Just Joined
Aug 29, 2016
south tyneside
hi guys,i did quite a few weeks researching these ebikes before managing to get one last weekend.I had a spinal fusion operation nearly two years ago which was very successful but I found that I could not walk great distances without pain so I thought I would wind the clock back to my teenage years ( i am 68)and try cycling again.
I was lucky enough to win on Ebay a Pro-Rider Etourer nearly new cycle from an old chap in sunderland and picked it up last sunday,i have been out 3 or 4 times this week and all I can say is that I am joining THE FLAT EARTH SOCIETY,this machine is soooo good and although the purists may knock these cheaper chinese imports I find this model has everything I require.
The one control I find invaluable on this bike is the hand thottle for starting off,I find it means a wobble free ride until I get speed up, as low speed I find is when scary things happen IMG_20160910_180107.jpg IMG_20160910_180254.jpg

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
Welcome glad your out and about again.
Time to live life to the full( un less the wife's watching).

• :D
Reactions: LeighPing

Suseka

Pedelecer
Jun 14, 2016
Norfolk
Hello and welcome stoney.

Looks a nice tidy ride and the main thing is it's allowing you to get out and about more freely.

My bike has a throttle function and I too find it very helpful when setting off, particularly if I want to move off quickly, or on an incline. Mind you, the cadence sensors on my bike only need about a 1/4 turn before the power assist kicks in -which keeps me relatively 'wobble free' :)

Clara

Pedelecer
Apr 20, 2016
Hello and welcome. Another advocate of ebikes obviously. Mine also has a throttle. There is nothing wrong with Chinese made bikes, in fact a he'll of a lot of them are made in China under license. Enjoy your bike.