Bicycle sidecar

craiggor

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 9, 2015
Does your side car tilt on the move like the sidewinder did,or is the pivot just for storage.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
A quick release on that wheel and a removable box and you are all set to roll out the babies :D maybe not in this weather :eek:

Reactions: KirstinS

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Hiya, it is a proper "on the move" pivot it means you can lean in turns :)
I suppose an ideal banking design for carrying your twins with best balance would have the wheel central in the sidecar width and one little'un sitting each side of it. That would largely neutralise any downthrust on the left of the bike.

Now you can say "Drat, back to the drawing board!" :)

Reactions: KirstinS

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
I suppose an ideal banking design for carrying your twins with best balance would have the wheel central in the sidecar width and one little'un sitting each side of it. That would largely neutralise any downthrust on the left of the bike.

Now you can say "Drat, back to the drawing board!" :)
Haha! I know what you mean but the pivot is very low to ground by rear stay and the angle of bike lean either way translates to very very little in the way of up/down movement on the sidecar platform.

I can see if the pivot was higher up and I was executing motorbike levels of leaning this might well be an issue

No going back to drawing board required. Unless the boys want to do ebike sidecar racing !

Reactions: flecc

Advertisers