bike protection

aseb

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 12, 2009
There's been a few posts about bike thefts on here and the merits of chains locks etc. I came across this on youtubewhile looking at different kinds of alarms. I've read comments that alarms aren't worth the bother, this is the chains side.

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
This is an old one, looks impressive but using rubbish chain so easier then it looks.

But the point is right, everyone minds there own business and dont give a toss:rolleyes:

Streethawk

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 12, 2011
A friend of mine had his bike lock attacked with a hammer, Abus cable lock, they didnt get the bike, but mangled the lock so badly that he couldnt unlock it, so he called me to come with a hacksaw. 9 hacksaw blades blunted later and it was free. Nobody ever questioned us and we were there for some time. Oh, and the bastards had stole his front wheel, which wasnt locked to the frame.:mad:

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
front wheels very vunerable...you need to pass a cable through them:rolleyes:

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
This is my answer to bike protection/avoiding theft :p

Regards

Jerry

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
Just a hernia instead. :p :D
:D yep Flexcc its on the edge of portability weighing 14kg. Fine to carry a few hundreds yards to my office or in and out of the odd shop but becomes heavy after that.

I am so tempted to try a TI two spead model but the best I could achieve would be around 12kg and in Brompton TI model, form that would work out at about £200/kg i.e. cost me another £400 :eek:

That said, maybe not such a high cost to prevent a hernia.

Regards

Jerry

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I was only teasing Jerry, that 14 kilos is very light for a folding e-bike, compare it with the Quando that John has just fixed up, circa 25 kilos and a real crippler to carry. I even struggle to lift my one of those into a car boot!