Box panniers. Maybe make some

Wayners

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 5, 2023
Gloucester
This video gave me the idea. A bit big but a good Idea. Looks like a set of drums. Ha...

Then I discovered you can buy boxes but a bit expensive I thought.

Velobin™ pannier boxes

Then I found these for £13 and I wondered If I could use?
Maybe stump up the the money and buy the proper boxes made by velobin. Anyone got one?

Lower centre of gravity. Waterproof. Stuff things in. Maybe add reflectors. Might go look later today and size up

Last edited:

thelarkbox

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2023
oxon
This video gave me the idea. A bit big but a good Idea. Looks like a set of drums. Ha...

Then I discovered you can buy boxes but a bit expensive I thought.

Velobin™ pannier boxes

Then I found these for £13 and I wondered If I could use?
Maybe stump up the the money and buy the proper boxes made by velobin. Anyone got one?

Lower centre of gravity. Waterproof. Stuff things in. Maybe add reflectors. Might go look later today and size up
Looks Good, even had a wee browse for suitable boxes and these seem like the good VFM wiyth a narrow profile.. Waterproof? though ?? I would add a drain hole or 2 just in case..

what are you thinking for hooks and hardware? Much better than old paint buckets ..

AGS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2023
Ammo boxes.

I would fit them to my greaser if I didn’t already have a nice pair of weathered in leather panniers.

They are ideal to use as battery boxes as well. Less chance of burning your house down when the battery catches on fire.

Wayners

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 5, 2023
Gloucester
Challenge pannier bags from Argos. They are ok. Cheap at £15.

Not sure how bags attach with sliding clip so pulled off the clip and tried on. See below..

Side bag.

Strapped on an old tool bag as my plastic box was too difficult to fit. Can be done but not now so I'll stick with bag which can just be seen in picture.

Material is thick. Pockets are big. Two smaller side zip pockets ..

Anyone in the market for pannier bag and don't want to spend much, I recommend

Attachments

Last edited:

Related Articles

Advertisers