Brexit, for once some facts.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I see JRM and his band of hard brexiters go for the CFP, the same way that TM goes after the Russians.
Why don't they accept that the transition deal has killed any possibility of a hard brexit.
They might be asked to explain to Putin why the coup failed.
Come to think of it I would think twice about that too!:eek:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I see JRM and his band of hard brexiters go for the CFP, the same way that TM goes after the Russians.
Why don't they accept that the transition deal has killed any possibility of a hard brexit.
It seems they'll have to learn step by step the hard way. Eventually it will dawn on them that their battle is lost.

• Agree
Reactions: oldgroaner
D

Deleted member 4366

Here's another thing you can blame on the Russians or other devious world leaders, which should keep your minds active for a bit. Did you know that the flight MH17 shot down wasn't MH17, but was actually the missing MH370 and that some of the photos of the debris were photo-shopped to make it look more like MH17 because there were some minor differences between the two aeroplanes?

http://humansarefree.com/2014/07/busted-mh-17-was-in-fact-lost-flight-mh.html

• Informative
Reactions: tillson and flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Here's another thing you can blame on the Russians or other devious world leaders, which should keep your minds active for a bit. Did you know that the flight MH17 shot down wasn't MH17, but was actually the missing MH370 and that some of the photos of the debris were photo-shopped to make it look more like MH17 because there were some minor differences between the two aeroplanes?

That would certainly explain why two such planes would be coincidentally involved in disasters so close together in time.

tommie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 13, 2013
Co. Down, N. Ireland, U.K.

You shouldn`t have done that, that`ll be another 50 pages of moaning and droning by our pair of boring old codgers....

Grumpy_Old_Bastards_Flag.jpg

• :D
Reactions: flecc

Wicky

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
Colchester, Essex
www.jhepburn.co.uk
And not just Russians in the mix with elections/referendums

Old but new news - I remember an article way back on Cambridge Analytica and UKIP / Trump association

7h May 2017 > https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/may/07/the-great-british-brexit-robbery-hijacked-democracy

What’s been lost in the US coverage of this “data analytics” firm is the understanding of where the firm came from: deep within the military-industrial complex. A weird British corner of it populated, as the military establishment in Britain is, by old-school Tories. Geoffrey Pattie, a former parliamentary under-secretary of state for defence procurement and director of Marconi Defence Systems, used to be on the board, and Lord Marland, David Cameron’s pro-Brexit former trade envoy, a shareholder.

Steve Tatham was the head of psychological operations for British forces in Afghanistan. The Observer has seen letters endorsing him from the UK Ministry of Defence, the Foreign Office and Nato.

SCL/Cambridge Analytica was not some startup created by a couple of guys with a Mac PowerBook. It’s effectively part of the British defence establishment. And, now, too, the American defence establishment. An ex-commanding officer of the US Marine Corps operations centre, Chris Naler, has recently joined Iota Global, a partner of the SCL group.

This is not just a story about social psychology and data analytics. It has to be understood in terms of a military contractor using military strategies on a civilian population. Us. David Miller, a professor of sociology at Bath University and an authority in psyops and propaganda, says it is “an extraordinary scandal that this should be anywhere near a democracy. It should be clear to voters where information is coming from, and if it’s not transparent or open where it’s coming from, it raises the question of whether we are actually living in a democracy or not.”

Paul and David, another ex-Cambridge Analytica employee, were working at the firm when it introduced mass data-harvesting to its psychological warfare techniques. “It brought psychology, propaganda and technology together in this powerful new way,” David tells me.

Last edited:

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Seems modelled on a well-known tongue twisting song.

I'm not a fish-thrower, I'm a fish-thrower's son
I'm only throwing fish 'till the fish-thrower comes.
Our local version is

"I'm not a Pheasant Plucker
I'm a Pheasant Plucker's son
and I'm only Pheasant Plucking
Till the pheasant plucking's done.

Best not to attempt this saying if in a hurry or after imbibing alcohol

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
And not just Russians in the mix with elections/referendums

Old but new news - I remember an article way back on Cambridge Analytica and UKIP / Trump association

7h May 2017 > https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/may/07/the-great-british-brexit-robbery-hijacked-democracy
Blimey! the Vote leave campaign allegedly did this?
"
It was with AggregateIQ that Vote Leave (the official Leave campaign) chose to spend £3.9m, more than half its official £7m campaign budget. As did three other affiliated Leave campaigns: BeLeave, Veterans for Britain and the Democratic Unionist party, spending a further £757,750. “Coordination” between campaigns is prohibited under UK electoral law, unless campaign expenditure is declared, jointly. It wasn’t. Vote Leave says the Electoral Commission “looked into this” and gave it “a clean bill of health”.

And the DUP spent £757, 750?
What say you about that Tommie?
What did they get for the money?
And this too
"
SCL/Cambridge Analytica was not some startup created by a couple of guys with a Mac PowerBook. It’s effectively part of the British defence establishment. And, now, too, the American defence establishment. An ex-commanding officer of the US Marine Corps operations centre, Chris Naler, has recently joined Iota Global, a partner of the SCL group.

This is not just a story about social psychology and data analytics. It has to be understood in terms of a military contractor using military strategies on a civilian population. Us. David Miller, a professor of sociology at Bath University and an authority in psyops and propaganda, says it is “an extraordinary scandal that this should be anywhere near a democracy. It should be clear to voters where information is coming from, and if it’s not transparent or open where it’s coming from, it raises the question of whe
ther we are actually living in a democracy or not.”

So the Referendum result had something more concrete behind it than lies and promises? or is this too Fake News?

Last edited:

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Apparently there are a lot of left wing people arguing to shut down Facebook over the manipulation it has been accused of, but Another Angry Voice points ot that this is a counter productive move after the way the left benefitted at the last GE

Interesting!

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: flecc

Wicky

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
Colchester, Essex
www.jhepburn.co.uk
Trump congratulates Putin over victory

US President Donald Trump has spoken to his Russian counterpart Vladimir Putin to congratulate him on his electoral victory two days ago.
He said they they would meet in the "not too distant future" to discuss the arms race, Ukraine and Syria.
Mr Putin was re-elected by a landslide, with more than 146% of the vote, for a fourth six-year term.

oh joy!

• :D
Reactions: oldgroaner

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Trump congratulates Putin over victory

US President Donald Trump has spoken to his Russian counterpart Vladimir Putin to congratulate him on his electoral victory two days ago.
He said they they would meet in the "not too distant future" to discuss the arms race, Ukraine and Syria.
Talking is far more sensible than the mud-slinging we've been indulging in.

Mr Putin was re-elected by a landslide, with more than 146% of the vote, for a fourth six-year term.
And during that term will probably have the constitution changed to allow him to continue in office indefinitely. It's the modern fashion being followed these days, Xi Jinping the Chinese president for example can now stay in power for life and Robert Mugabe almost achieved it.

I would only be concerned if it spread to here and we got Boris Johnson for life.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
So you don't mind that that Putin got "146%" - fascinating
As with their Cyrilic alphabet, they use a different form of maths. ;)

As long as they compare their arms to our arms using that counting method on theirs, we'll be safe. :D

Advertisers