anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Hmmm feeling less United and more Kingdom are we? :p

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
https://dailym.ai/2Ms60PD

What's going on in DM? This article is just about supporting remain.??
I think they are becoming more confused than the voters were in the referendum. The combination of all the diverse aspects of Brexit and procedures necessary for departure from the EU leave everyone on both sides at times, depending on the aspect being considered.

Perhaps we should program all the data into IBM's Big Blue and let it sort out what to do.

Last edited:

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
https://dailym.ai/2Ms60PD

What's going on in DM? This article is just about supporting remain.??
I must have missed something it didn't come over that way to me, it was business as usual from Jackass
For financial reasons he wants an Advisory referendum treated as sacred and for it to over rule the sovereignty of the commons to effectively rule the country for the benefit of the people as it works against his personal financial preferences.

Reactions: robdon

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I think they are becoming more confused than the voters were in the referendum. The combination of all the diverse aspects of Brexit and procedures necessary for departure from the EU leave everyone on both sides at times, depending on the aspect being considered.

Perhaps we should program all the date into IBM's Big Blue and let it sort out what to do.
A Ouija board would work better methinks :cool:

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
I must have missed something it didn't come over that way to me, it was business as usual from Jackass
For financial reasons he wants an Advisory referendum treated as sacred and for it to over rule the sovereignty of the commons to effectively rule the country for the benefit of the people as it works against his personal financial preferences.
Yes, I agree it was supporting Brexit but a very different attitude towards remain with a few supportive comments. Not the normal totally biased attitude.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Yes, I agree it was supporting Brexit but a very different attitude towards remain with a few supportive comments. Not the normal totally biased attitude.
he wants and dares remainer MPs to threaten TM this time.
He and his mates at the ERG can't bring TM down but the combined force of remainer MPs can because there are more remainers than brexiters in the HoC.
If this happens, he'll be seen by tory MPs and membership as the good guy.
It's a kind of 'Check mate by Queen sacrifices in 7 moves'.

• Informative
Reactions: oldgroaner

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I'm watching Marr interviewing TM on the 3.4% real term increase for the NHS. TM was asked if this money comes from the brexit dividend.
Her answer is a feeble yes. She subsequently attempted to qualify that yes by 'we haven't left yet'. I can understand the qui pro quo of brexit dividend in 2023 but that is assuming we would leave without a deal to get that dividend and the cost of funding the 40 or so new agencies to replace the EU's ones is nil. That's simply does not add up.
It doesn't have to add up. TM's promise is to reach that NHS funding level indicated by 2023.

The next general election when she already knows she won't be PM is at the five year interval, 2022.

In other words her promise is worthless since she cannot carry it through, even if she had the money.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
In other words her promise is worthless since she cannot carry it through, even if she had the money.
wonders never cease where brexit is concerned.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Someone is stating the obvious in the Inependent
"
UK car industry faces 'extinction' after Brexit, CBI chief warns
CBI boss said no evidence that trade deals outside the EU will help UK economy post-Brexit

“If we do not have a customs union, there are sectors of manufacturing society in the UK which risk becoming extinct,” he said. “Be in no doubt, that is the reality. There’s zero evidence that independent trade deals will provide any economic benefit to the UK that’s material. It’s a myth.”

The EU’s chief negotiator Michel Barnier has said the UK could maintain frictionless trade with the bloc after Brexit if it stayed in the European Economic Area and the customs union.

Advertisers