Brexit, for once some facts.

Yes, it will need Argentina to agree to our membership but stranger things have happened before when it comes to trade.
the current trading terms, including quotas, are part of the WTO schedules.
The point I made about 20%-25% of our trade is shuffling freight through EU ports won't cause delay. The container destined for acme Ltd will arrive in Flelixstowe on schedule, except that the invoice will be from China instead of from the EU.
Honestly... watch this, and read the book if you have time, its very very interesting and quite a few people on here talking about trade in the future need a better understanding of how trade works globally.

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
Deal with Trump? truly only a fool seeks to deal with another, but then hardly a surprise reaction, is it?
Are you suggesting that Trump is a fool? It's not really clear what you are saying.

Trump, a billionaire, a man voted in as President of The United States. Arguably the most powerful man in the world. Not really the definition of a fool.

• Disagree
Reactions: robdon

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
"UK can and will thrive out of EU, with or without access to single market."

Strange that it couldn't the last time we tried and we are far less capable now than we were then, especially with a bunch of imbeciles in charge.
Nothing like having optimism in your country.

• Disagree

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Honestly... watch this, and read the book if you have time, its very very interesting and quite a few people on here talking about trade in the future need a better understanding of how trade works globally.

I read the synopsis. Ian Dunt exaggerated a fair bit.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Are you suggesting that Trump is a fool? It's not really clear what you are saying.

Trump, a billionaire, a man voted in as President of The United States. Arguably the most powerful man in the world. Not really the definition of a fool.
I'm suggesting that he is a danger to us all and unfit to be in that position.
Others have occupied similarly powerful position only to turn out fools, the tradition of doing so goes back further than the Emperors of Imperial Rome.

• Agree

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
I'm suggesting that he is a danger to us all and unfit to be in that position.
Others have occupied similarly powerful position only to turn out fools, the tradition of doing so goes back further than the Emperors of Imperial Rome.
I am aware of the smear campaign being run against him by sore losers.

Last night I saw that the BBC had spent some of my licence fee making an anti Donald Trump programme.

He's extended friendship towards the UK, backs BREXIT, seems intent on improving relationships with Russia and wants a reduction in nuclear weapons arsenals. Sounds ok to me

• Disagree

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
  • Disagree
If these people are so clever, why has Donald Trump got all the cheese and these people are just writing about how they could invest more wisely.
I think they are just saying, he'd have more cheese if he'd have done nothing. Granted they have the ability of hindsight, but they are looking at the numbers / facts from the past 30 years of trading, which prove that he's had a negative impact on his own wealth. That's not opinion, its numbers.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
billionaires like Mr Trump should post online their tax returns for their compatriots to see how much they actually contribute to their country.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
ok, you're going to have to give me an example of where you think he's exaggerated and what you've based your opinion that his assessment of things is exaggerated on.

I want to try to find positives.... help me!!
for starters, complexity is not really a problem for UK administrations, no need to exaggerate. After all, UK have more business consultants and lawyers than most. Once you remove the complexity from various issues, the core reasoning becomes clear enough.
I will write a reply later, may be tomorrow or the day after tomorrow.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I am aware of the smear campaign being run against him by sore losers.

Last night I saw that the BBC had spent some of my licence fee making an anti Donald Trump programme.

He's extended friendship towards the UK, backs BREXIT, seems intent on improving relationships with Russia and wants a reduction in nuclear weapons arsenals. Sounds ok to me
Explain this then
"
Donald J. Trump

✔@realDonaldTrump

The United States must greatly strengthen and expand its nuclear capability until such time as the world comes to its senses regarding nukes

4:50 PM - 22 Dec 2016
You really must come back to Earth and learn not to spread Porkies as you are doing.
What is really worrying is how many Pillocks seem to retweet and like that insanity.

• Agree

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
If these people are so clever, why has Donald Trump got all the cheese and these people are just writing about how they could invest more wisely.
Have you forgotten Daddy left it to him and he has since failed to handle it all that well?

• Agree

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
billionaires like Mr Trump should post online their tax returns for their compatriots to see how much they actually contribute to their country.
Don't they have a Patriotic saying that goes something like this

"Think not what your country can do for you ,
But what you can do IT for?"

Or have I got that wrong somewhere?

• Agree
for starters, complexity is not really a problem for UK administrations, no need to exaggerate. After all, UK have more business consultants and lawyers than most. Once you remove the complexity from various issues, the core reasoning becomes clear enough.
I will write a reply later, may be tomorrow or the day after tomorrow.
Consultants and lawyers, yes - but what we need is trade negotiators... but I take you'r point and I'll look forward to reading your post when you get time to respond in full. All my experience and research suggests he hasn't really exaggerated as there is no benefit. He's trying to present a factual representation of the situation, i don't think it sets out to be a propaganda piece. But I'll await your input with interest.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I think they are just saying, he'd have more cheese if he'd have done nothing. Granted they have the ability of hindsight, but they are looking at the numbers / facts from the past 30 years of trading, which prove that he's had a negative impact on his own wealth. That's not opinion, its numbers.
Tut tut! Brexiters don't do numbers, remember?

• Agree
  • :D
Reactions: robdon and flecc

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
What is really worrying is how many Pillocks seem to retweet and like that insanity.
Russian tweet bots?

Should Mr Trump be taken still seriously because clearly you can't take him literally?

Advertisers