Brexit, for once some facts.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
And in mean time Ukrainians are dying along with Russian soldiers. This isn't like the past Flecc when Russia rolled into Hungary. Ukraine is 10 times the size and Russia nowhere nearly as powerful as in days gone by. Agreed short term victory will undoubtedly go to Russia but this will run and run. Ukraine will when defeated fight a Guerilla war, Russia hasn't done well in other countries under such situations and this time its agianst their own. Help will be flowing into Ukraine both now and for years to come. Its the very nature of Russia's weaker position that makes situation so much more dangerous and exactly why it could escalate. Ukrainians do stand a chance, and will not accept retrograde steps. If they don't succeed now, they will fight on and on. Nobody knows where this could end. Putin has gone in not knowing the end game. Always a recipe for bloodshed.
No it won't run and run since Putin isn't going to be staying in occupation of Ukraine. He isn't even going to attempt to occupy all of Ukraine. All he wants is the eastern two oblasts of Donbass (which are 100% Russian anyway) and a land link from there along the western flank of the Azov Sea to separate the Crimea from Ukraine.

On the map below he's effectively possessed Russian populated Donbass for a decade anyway and Russian populated Crimea since 2014, so all he needs to gain is the red hatched area to protect his Crimean based southern fleet. That's a minute part of Ukraine, but once he has it he can withdraw and leave the Ukrainians alone.

It will be a repeat of his withdrawal from Georgia after he'd completed what he wanted there. Then he'll agree with the outside world's requests to withdraw, thus showing himself to be a reasonable person after all.

Never ever underestimate Putin:

Donbass 3.jpg

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
No it won't run and run since Putin isn't going to be staying in occupation of Ukraine. He isn't even going to attempt to occupy all of Ukraine. All he wants is the eastern two oblasts of Donbass (which are 100% Russian anyway) and a land link from there along the western flank of the Azov Sea to separate the Crimea from Ukraine.

On the map below he's effectively possessed Russian populated Donbass for a decade anyway and Russian populated Crimea since 2014, so all he needs to gain is the red hatched area to protect his Crimean based southern fleet. That's a minute part of Ukraine, but once he has it he can withdraw and leave the Ukrainians alone.

It will be a repeat of his withdrawal from Georgia after he'd completed what he wanted there. Then he'll agree with the outside world's requests to withdraw, thus showing himself to be a reasonable person after all.

Never ever underestimate Putin:

View attachment 45839
I hope you are right.
I think it's you under estimating Putin.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Two wrongs don't make a right Flecc. I suspect Putin is rather deranged and extremely dangerous. What on earth does he hope to achieve. Nobody can turn clock back. He isn't a Tzar, he can't resurrect a Russian Empire. He, s going to cause WW3.
I wonder what Ukraine would be doing were they a nuclear power?? Would he be sending troups in to get an ICBM landing on Moscow. The man is mad.
Putin has nightmares of an unexpected uprising of epic proprtions which results in his getting publically roughed up and flogged by commoners then buggered to death with a broom handle like his mate Gaddafi.

Last edited:

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
I think Putin should meet up with Mayor of Kyiv and put his judo skills upto the test.
Would save thousands of lives and millions of pounds. Even when Putin was at his absolute best he wouldn't last a round... I reckon it would be over in 20 seconds.

Even an old Black Belt is dangerous. Muscle memory fades comparatively slowly.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
In a way I agree but worry of consequences and retribution.
On a lighter note, Putin will soon capitulate. Russia just banned from Euro vision, he didn't expect that did he.
Just checked. Ukraine gave up (gave back?) all its nuclear weapons for guarantees from Putin for country's independance/security. That has proven quite futile.
Eurovision should settle all wars. Or Strictly.

Reactions: Zlatan

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Modern cars are so much safer in an impact. If that had been a Ford Cortina the driver would be mincemeat; conflagrated if it was a Tesla.
not much good against a tank running you over in a car i doubt even a roll cage could have done much good he is one lucky mofo.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
not much good against a tank running you over in a car i doubt even a roll cage could have done much good he is one lucky mofo.
It was a diagonal swipe over the engine block, which is hard to crush using a small tank. If insured, he will drive again.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Even an old Black Belt is dangerous. Muscle memory fades comparatively slowly.
My money would still be on Klitchko. Always thought Vitali was better boxer. Putin in his prime would be like a child to him.
He says he's preparing for biggest fight of his life.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
My money would still be on Klitchko. Always thought Vitali was better boxer. Putin in his prime would be like a child to him.
It's suprising how effective the "Ground game" is in real streetfight - he'd be fscked boxing at mid distance, and lack strength to hold Klitchko in the ground game with his Judo techniques. I say let the fight proceed, the Russians usher in a new Rodina and let a Cold peace reign throughout Europe!

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
It was a diagonal swipe over the engine block, which is hard to crush using a small tank. If insured, he will drive again.
so a tank vs a tesla is not going to be the same as no ice so he would have been squashed in to mush then set on fire buy the batt exploding.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
In a way I agree but worry of consequences and retribution.
On a lighter note, Putin will soon capitulate. Russia just banned from Euro vision, he didn't expect that did he.
Just checked. Ukraine gave up (gave back?) all its nuclear weapons for guarantees from Putin for country's independance/security. That has proven quite futile.
♫ ALL WE ARE SAYING, IS GIVE STRICTLY A CHANCE ♫

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
  • :D
Reactions: Woosh

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
If Putin can disable Klitchko's eyes or windpipe quickly, he might be in with a chance - it depends on what strand of Judo he learned, as to whether he's been adequately tutored in that and nerve strikes. Japanese Judo masters don't reveal everything to non-Japanese, the old art was far more brutal with crossovers with Ju-Jitsu, which wasn't invented by Jews despite how it sounds, although it did get incorporated into Israeli Krav Maga (and English Barjitsu)

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
This is utter rubbish.

Putin undoubtedly rgerets the passing of the USSR, but he has no intention of attempting to revive it. With most of the former Warsaw pact countries in NATO, he knows that would be impossible.

And he won't stay in Ukraine. You said it yourself, Russia is nothing like its former USSR self and couldn't possibly maintain a hold on the whole of Ukraine. So he will have to limit what they do there and then let it go free once the Ukrainians see and understand the true cost of being anti-Russian.

History is on my side in this. The Ukraine situation is identical to the Georgia one. Just like Ukraine, Georgia has two very small regions with Russian populations, Abkhazia and South Ossetia, which wanted to be with Russia. Georgia also liked th idea of joining the EU and NATO.

So Putin attacked, taught them a harsh lesson, secured Abkhazia and South Ossetia into Russian possession and then withdrew completely, and that is how it has been ever since 2008.

Honour is satisfied there since in a somewhat ceremonial way. Very occasionally the Georgians lob a few shells over into the South Ossetia disputed region and the Russians lob the same few back. It's very much like the way China shells across the Taiwan Strait each day at 2pm and Taiwan does the same back. No-one gets hurt, it's just a testosterone fuelled exercise, a refusal by either side to admit defeat.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
If Putin's smart, he would have maintained his Russian military martial arts training. Klitchko is big dude, but as a boxer he won't be skilled at deflecting groin and leg attacks - boxers from the Roma community are another matter. My advice to Putin would be dodge career ending blows, quickly take out a knee, testicle or ankle with rapid straight leg kicks to get him on the ground, or otherwise get him on the ground, then disable his eyes with hand jabs, crush his windpipe with fist blows and lastly twist and break his neck. But to quote Tyson "Everybody's got a plan, till they get punched in the mouth."

Last edited:

Advertisers