Brexit, for once some facts.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Come on then everybody...predictions.
Who will be in no 10 in July ? Will Brexit be dead in the water...?
Mine
May, with a stronger majority, pushing for hard Brexit...but I wouldn't bet on it. ( well not much anyway)

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
May, with a stronger majority, pushing for hard Brexit...but I wouldn't bet on it. ( well not much anyway)
Mrs May needs a strong mandate to push back the hard brexiters.
Without a strong majority, she will be blackmailed by her own MPs.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Flecc
When OG talks , actually writes,drivel, the verb is talk or write. That was the example you gave. I agree when he is drivelling the verb is drivel. Either way we all know exactly when he is doing it. Its like the old joke,when do you know OG is talking drivel..answer..you can see his mouth move.( But his arse is still firmly on display in co op window, so I,ve heard)

Again , on a serious note ( which simply means OG and Tom will ignore it and look for grammatical errors)...
How does it sit with the pair of you ( Tom and OG) Blair throwing his hat in with Lib Dems. There is even talk of Fallon sharing a stage and welcoming his Toniness into their joint campaign. Come on Tom, that's got to annoy you and make your next voting choice rather difficult. ( OG wont care he has no scrupples, or sense, and he,s running low on sanity. Thinking about it he could be next Campbell.)

If this was a plot in Kane and Abel we,d be saying Archer has lost plot. ( By the way a brilliant book)
My goodness! another new word, amazing how quickly children learn these days, however I would appreciate one of the adults explaining the meaning and context of
scrupples.
Translation into any Human Language would be appreciated.

Zlatan my friend, you don't have to try so hard, you have convinced us of your undoubted ability to confuse yourself beyond the point of having to bombard us with Duck Billed platitudes, and second hand allegedly humorous quips.
It's fine that you make the effort to be witty and pithy, but this last couple of days you are in danger of becoming a "pith" artist.......

There you see, I can be just as unoriginal and vulgar as you if I really lower myself.
How about delighting us with something original?
Say a rational and well thought out argument in favour of Brexit?

• Agree
Reactions: robdon

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Come on then everybody...predictions.
Who will be in no 10 in July ? Will Brexit be dead in the water...?
Mine
Great circular argument you have there, is this a private function?

And if you are thinking of placing a wager, Larry the Cat is evens favourite.
Also the brightest creature in residence there.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Don't you mean in the other direction? rather than both at once?
Fast forward to 2019, she'll agree to the terms dictated by the EU. What then?
I reckon May has as a bigger problem from within her party. A few of her MPs do not think we should pay the EU any money as divorce settlement and just walk away, as soon as possible, we don't need a deal.
She needs her own mandate to keep them quiet and the right wing media off her own back.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Great circular argument you have there, is this a private function?

And if you are thinking of placing a wager, Larry the Cat is evens favourite.
Also the brightest creature in residence there.
So Larry the cat is your wager ???
You never answer the question or make a point OG..
1) Who do you predict will be in no 10 in July.

2) How does it sit with you Blair aligning himself with Lib Dems. Its not a loaded question OG , I really fo wonder if Blair will put people off Fallon/ Lib Dems.. It would me..but I wont be voting Lib Dem anyway.

• Disagree

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Well done young man...computer geeks might tell us its 17 in base 10...(hexadecimal)
The null set is actually a very special case...without it base theory really struggles. Historically finding a marker for the null set spawned real numeracy...
We only counted until the Arabians ( or perhaps Chinese) invented/discovered base theory..
( Years ago I did a thesis on base theory and prime numbers , when I knew no better..it was boring !!)
Well it does have a positive aspect, at least as my old lecturer said of Opera, it helps keep the hooligans off the street.
I should have realised with your superlative ability to argue round every point you raise and end up back at the beginning that you had a "mathematical bent"
One thing I would ask quite seriously is this.
Is there any Mathematical probability of you actually posting on topic before we are destroyed by bomabrdment with North Korean Cardboard ICBM's?
So Larry the cat is your wager ???
You never answer the question or make a point OG..
1) Who do you predict will be in no 10 in July.

2) How does it sit with you Blair aligning himself with Lib Dems. Its not a loaded question OG , I really fo wonder if Blair will put people off Fallon/ Lib Dems.. It would me..but I wont be voting Lib Dem anyway.
I never make a point! well that's a new one, I must say after being accused of throwing them about like cluster bombs!
I have already predicted Larry the Cat , but also Mayhem will be there and of course G4s will be with her.
On the second point I wondered how much the Leave campaign are paying for Blair to join the lib Dems?
He should we worth something to them on the other side of the debate
From my point of view he could vote for you,why should I care?

By the way this two for the price of one post is due to me being in an area among the mountains where internet connection is as poor as some of your jokes, so anything they gets out is a bonus!

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
( Years ago I did a thesis on base theory and prime numbers , when I knew no better..it was boring !!)
what did you study, zlatan?

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Well it does have a positive aspect, at least as my old lecturer said of Opera, it helps keep the hooligans off the street.
I should have realised with your superlative ability to argue round every point you raise and end up back at the beginning that you had a "mathematical bent"
One thing I would ask quite seriously is this.
Is there any Mathematical probability of you actually posting on topic before we are destroyed by bomabrdment with North Korean Cardboard ICBM's?

I never make a point! well that's a new one, I must say after being accused of throwing them about like cluster bombs!
I have already predicted Larry the Cat , but also Mayhem will be there and of course G4s will be with her.
On the second point I wondered how much the Leave campaign are paying for Blair to join the lib Dems?
From my point of view he could vote for you,why should I care?

By the way this two for the price of one post is due to me being in an area among the mountains where internet connection is as poor as some of your jokes, so anything they gets out is a bonus!
Very clever OG, you should be a politician..
you,ve answered neither question...

• Dislike

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Mrs May needs a strong mandate to push back the hard brexiters.
Without a strong majority, she will be blackmailed by her own MPs.
.. Woosh what can I say you are always the optimist!
For my part I would hope , rather than expect.
1. Labour to realise that were they to act as an opposition, and oppose the Brexit agenda , they might on a pro Europe platform mobilise a significant fraction of the 48% , and form a coalition with the SNP, and lib Dems, and scrap the article 50 . While there is no legal basis for Europe agreeing to this, I cannot see why there would be EU opposition.
2. For this to happen they would need to clearly and honestly explain what they understand as the costs and downsides of the Brexit agenda. This should be an easier sell now that some of the blatant untruths and half truths and costs are being exposed.

Reactions: Wicky and robdon

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I don't think Labour can afford opposing brexit after the referendum, about two thirds of their seats have voted for brexit.
The only path they can choose to to accept the result of the referendum and try to label the tories as hard brexiters.
The libdems are on the other hand ecstatic, laughing all the way to the polling stations.

• Agree
Reactions: oldgroaner

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
I don't think Labour can afford opposing brexit after the referendum, about two thirds of their seats have voted for brexit.
The only path they can choose to to accept the result of the referendum and try to label the tories as hard brexiters.
The libdems are on the other hand ecstatic, laughing all the way to the polling stations.

... That logic defeats me. If Labour believes that Brexit is not in the interests of their core constituancies, and now has evidence that these voters were lied to (I am using it in the context untruths intended to decieve), then they can make a strong case. It is the duty of political parties to present ideals and policies if they wish to lead, not follow. Because of the closeness of the Brexit referendum, there is no particular merit in taking one side or the other, the numbers are equivalent. Perhaps it is the case, that Labour is also actually pro Brexit also.

The lib Dems seem to be only mainline party who have been consistent.

• Agree
Reactions: oldgroaner

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Very clever OG, you should be a politician..
you,ve answered neither question...
You really must make an effort to read my posts, as you seem not to bother.This was my reponse to your first Question
"I have already predicted Larry the Cat , but also Mayhem will be there and of course G4s will be with her."
And this my reponse to the second
"
From my point of view he could vote for you,why should I care?"

Try again to understand.

Last edited:

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Humour from the Express
"
A COLOSSAL defeat for Labour will produce an economic BOOM' for Britain, think tank says"
While working this miracle (which has eluded the Tory governments since time began,) is it too much to ask for the Government to change the weather to a more mediterrranean climate?

Clearly the Express is assuming it's readers are stupid with nonsense headlines like this, which makes other earlier Brexit promises pale into insignificance!

Of much greater interest is a poll of readers at the bottom of the article, which asked who will you vote for?
Results so far
Con 47 %
labour 8%
Lib Dem 37%
And this is in the Express? good heavens, Mrs May needs to worry!

Last edited:

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
This coming election proves one thing with certainty, May feels the need to divert the attention of the Public to something she feels she can win easily, and doesn't want to have to face the subsequent impending failure of negotiations with the EU without what appears to be a massive mandate.
Simply put, she's scared.
She wants the Public to share the blame, knowing that the Labour Party has neutered itself with it's nonsensical support for Brexit.
Even if the Lib Dems don't fare well this still isn't a ringing endorsement of Public support for Brexit, it only demonstrates a lack of real choice available to a Public convinced we are on a one way ticket out of the EU, and they have reverted back to pre Referendum voting patterns.

Frankly the money spent on this General Election could have been better spent elsewhere as it is pointless and unlikely to change anything.

• Agree
Reactions: Wicky and robdon

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
.. That logic defeats me. If Labour believes that Brexit is not in the interests of their core constituancies, and now has evidence that these voters were lied to (I am using it in the context untruths intended to decieve), then they can make a strong case.
Labour can't make a strong case for remain.
Brexit means self belief and self-determination to a lot of people. Call them intuitive truths if you like, but they can't be dismissed as untruths or post-truths.
The right wing press has cottoned very early on the fact that it's counter-productive to insult the intelligence of your opponents. Nothing makes people going out to vote against you more than calling them idiots which the remain press did and still do abundantly even now.

Advertisers