Brexit, for once some facts.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
I tried to keep it simple but you still failed to understand.
Me will vote lib dem
Switch on your brain cell and read instead of making up your usual nonsense.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
That's it OG, revert to type and insult when you cant make a convincing argument...
Your drivvle is just that, you said nothing...apart from now saying you are voting lib dem..brilliant. That will work in Hull...but we,ll see.
We could see Clegg in power again....that would be another political joke....

• Dislike
Reactions: robdon

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
May is a dictator and she doesn't like to hear or act on opinions regarding how her decisions will affect people. If she gets the large majority, it will be a bad situation.

I will never vote for May or the Conservative and was considering a Labour vote this time. That was until I heard Diane Abbott on Radio 4 at lunch time, she managed to talk me out of voting for Labour.

I really hope the Conservatives get a kicking next month, but I can't see it happening.
Welcome back 'Tillson' and I hope you are in fine fettle.

Perhaps unsurprisingly, I empathise with all your comments in this post and I find it both surprising and not a little disturbing that Mrs May has opted to call an election in June.

Clearly, she reckons/has been advised that the opposition both to her leadership of the nation and of the nation towards 'Brexit' isn't strong enough to unseat the tories so she has decided to risk it, gambling her post on getting it right - her predecessor also took a gamble but I think May's position is safer than Cameron's turned out to be!

In the absence of a concerted, mobilised opposition and with the Blairite faction continually trying to undermine Corbyn and forge another 'New Labour' party, I think the PM is on fairly safe ground. There have been electoral upsets before though so who knows?

Tom

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
You remainers make it sound as though all the parties policies are carved in stone..they are not.
If any party really believed anti Brexit policies would get them in power they would adopt them immediately.

gray198

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 4, 2012
I thought all the remainers were saying she didn't have a mandate, and not just on here so why now that she is asking for it are you still opposed. I think Sturgeon was one making that point and now she's whining like an old ebike motor

• Agree
Reactions: tillson and Zlatan

Jimod

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 9, 2010
Polmont
If any party really believed anti Brexit policies would get them in power they would adopt them immediately.
I agree. If Jeremy Corbyn had any bottle, he'd put his money where his mouth is. He'd declare that Labour would keep us in the EU and fight the election on that mandate, but he won't, he'll waffle his usual pish and not answer any questions.
No matter what any party says. This election will be a rerun of the berxit referendum in England and a rerun of the independence referendum up here.

The next 7 weeks are going to be exciting, funny and eventually, boring as hell.
On a personal level, I hope the Tories get a good kicking.

shemozzle999

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 28, 2009
Welcome back 'Tillson' and I hope you are in fine fettle.

Perhaps unsurprisingly, I empathise with all your comments in this post and I find it both surprising and not a little disturbing that Mrs May has opted to call an election in June.

Clearly, she reckons/has been advised that the opposition both to her leadership of the nation and of the nation towards 'Brexit' isn't strong enough to unseat the tories so she has decided to risk it, gambling her post on getting it right - her predecessor also took a gamble but I think May's position is safer than Cameron's turned out to be!

In the absence of a concerted, mobilised opposition and with the Blairite faction continually trying to undermine Corbyn and forge another 'New Labour' party, I think the PM is on fairly safe ground. There have been electoral upsets before though so who knows?

Tom
More likely she could be preempting the possible loss to her majority in the house:

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/prosecutors-decide-consevative-expenses-charges-192000455.html

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
I agree. If Jeremy Corbyn had any bottle, he'd put his money where his mouth is. He'd declare that Labour would keep us in the EU and fight the election on that mandate, but he won't, he'll waffle his usual pish and not answer any questions.
No matter what any party says. This election will be a rerun of the berxit referendum in England and a rerun of the independence referendum up here.

The next 7 weeks are going to be exciting, funny and eventually, boring as hell.
On a personal level, I hope the Tories get a good kicking.
Jim,absolutely agree,Corbin could argue that hard Brexit is going to hurt the very people that Labour are supposed to protect.
I haven't posted much lately been a bit busy in China over last 3 weeks. Had an interesting chat with a lady who was selling a nice looking bike branded Pininfarina,with a Brose motor,cost price 2400 usd. She asked me how many would sell in the UK,seemed a bit annoyed when I said none.
KudosDave

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Just a thought, but I wonder whether she wants out. If she loses her majority,there are 16 million plus reasons why this election is risky. There are many Brexiters in the north are realising that their protest vote is now hurting them rather than help them,May and Hammond have not exactly sent out signals that they are listening never mind actioning.
This election could be risky.Politics is so fast moving at the moment,the world and EU may look a lot different in 7 weeks time.
KudosDave

• Agree
Reactions: robdon and oldtom

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
I
You remainers make it sound as though all the parties policies are carved in stone..they are not.
Isn't that what the Liberals are fighting for.....no Brexit,no HS2,no Heathrow. There are a lot of marginal seats they could take or discount the Tory vote to give it to Labour. How many are still pro hard Brexit?
KudosDave

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
That's it OG, revert to type and insult when you cant make a convincing argument...
Your drivvle is just that, you said nothing...apart from now saying you are voting lib dem..brilliant. That will work in Hull...but we,ll see.
We could see Clegg in power again....that would be another political joke....
Do us all a favour and stop this juvenile attempt at one upmanship, you simply don't have the talent for it.
I told you how I'm going to vote. LIB DEM

As to making a convincing argument, go out and buy a "Dummy's Guide to Debate" as you clearly have never been able to articulate one.
Though to be fair, nobody else has produced one in Favour of Brexit yet.

Has it occurred to you to wonder why May has taken this very strange course when she has so vehemently denied she would?
Does it not occur to you that something isn't quite right to make her do so?
What is it she fears to make her?

By the way the word you couldn't call to mind was drivel, not drivvle,considering how often you come out with it, you could at least learn how to spell it

• Agree

Jimod

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 9, 2010
Polmont
Jim,absolutely agree,Corbin could argue that hard Brexit is going to hurt the very people that Labour are supposed to protect.
I haven't posted much lately been a bit busy in China over last 3 weeks. Had an interesting chat with a lady who was selling a nice looking bike branded Pininfarina,with a Brose motor,cost price 2400 usd. She asked me how many would sell in the UK,seemed a bit annoyed when I said none.
KudosDave

I can just see your 2018 line up, featuring the new Kudos Pininfarina. Might sell well in Italy. :)

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Just a thought, but I wonder whether she wants out.
No I don't think she wants out.
May knows she has to be practical and prepared to accept compromises on FOM and the ECJ in order to get a deal on transitional arrangements with the EU. Her problem is her own MPs, those in her party that want a clean brexit and deregulation, opting out of HR, no import tariff on wines and sugar. It's only a small number but they can blackmail her at anytime they want.
She needs a majority of about 100 to stop the 'bastards' as her predecessor Major called them. It's now or never because she may even lose her slim majority with by-elections if she waits.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
I

Isn't that what the Liberals are fighting for.....no Brexit,no HS2,no Heathrow. There are a lot of marginal seats they could take or discount the Tory vote to give it to Labour. How many are still pro hard Brexit?
KudosDave
Yes they are but to what effect. As I said earlier we could see May,s majority lowered ( or disappear) bur somehow doubt it coming from Lib Dems. On the other hand if Labour got behind remain campaign, changed their stance on defence we could easily see a change of government.May is relying on Corbyn's non political ambitions !!!
As it is remainers do not really see their points of view as being represented, if they did I think they would be far more confident of a change. Yes, remainers are moaning, as normal, but I see that as almost defeatist from them.
If remain campaign had a legitimate champion ( Not Blair or Corbyn) would they be in a position to form next government ?
As it is no..but things could change. Its a risky strategy from May, but if she gets through her position will be that much stronger.
Will country really vote Lib dems into power ? Cant see it myself.
Think I,ll abstain, to annoy OG..

• Dislike

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
By the way the word you couldn't call to mind was drivel, not drivvle,considering how often you come out with it, you could at least learn how to spell it
It may be spelled 'D-R-I-V-E-L' in your dictionary, as it is in mine, but it might well be different in the 'Trollosphere'.......after all, the troll utilises a word used to describe poultry when he accuses others of crying 'FOUL'. Perhaps though, that's the way it's spelled in the strange world of trolldom - I just made up that word, so I can spell it any way I want.

Tom

Last edited:
  • Agree

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
And Tom..
Who both seem rather more interested in drivel than politics.
Perhaps both of you might have less to moan about if you actually did something now you have chance to.

Last edited:
  • Dislike

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Think I,ll abstain, to annoy OG
You really are deep down quite a likeable guy, how thoughtful of you to think of my feelings.

Abstain? like last time? very amusing.
Go ahead Vote for Mayhem, you know you want to, they are your kind of people after all.

• Agree

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
And Tom..
Who both seem rather more interested in spelling drivel than politics.
Perhaps both of you might have less to moan about if you actually did something now you have chance to.
Well I certainly am, I shall vote Turncoat this time.... no, not the Conservatives the other ones... the Liberal Democrats, after all as Churchill said about Satan, if he came out against Hitler I would at least give him a Favourable mention in the House of commons.

That's how I feel about the Liberal Turncoats, as against the Labour Turncoats or the Tory Turncoats.
Really this is the season for "Turncoats of Choice"

A rallying call is required.

"Now is the time for all good Turncoats
to come to the aid of the "Everything must go" party.

At least we can save on defence by scrapping the Armed Forces and Trident, for who would want to interfere in a nation that is intent on Seppuku?
Mrs May will invite them in after Brexit to have all the top jobs anyway, and sell everything for pennies even if it is nailed down.
Actually most things have gone already, and no one has noticed anyway.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
[QUOTE="oldgroaner, post: 370456, member: 15142"
It may be spelled 'D-R-I-V-E-L' in your dictionary, as it is in mine, but it might well be different in the 'Trollosphere'.......after all, the troll utilises a word used to describe poultry when he accuses others of crying 'FOUL'. Perhaps though, that's the way it's spelled in the strange world of trolldom - I just made up that word, so I can spell it any way I want.

Tom[/QUOTE]
Don't confuse him with facts, he really doesn't need help, and does that very well all on his own, without letting facts get in the way.

Reactions: robdon and oldtom

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016

Tom
Don't confuse him with facts, he really doesn't need help, and does that very well all on his own, without letting facts get in the way.[/QUOTE]

You are drivvling again OG, ( before you check there is no verb to drivel so drivvling is fine)
Did you write Lib Dem defence policy, because I just read it and it reads just like one of your posts. No salient points, rambling and generally nonsense.
But then again defence is very much last century these days.

Being serious for a minute...one aspect I did pick up from Lib Dem policy ( was dated 2014) was that they were not in agreement with 24 hour at sea deterrent...?? Hinting a part time cover ?? At least Corbyn wants to scrap it, May keep ( expand) on it. Lib Dems want it part time ??? To reflect 21st century was their justification. ( perhaps its changed by now ? Anybody know ?)
And anybody who thinks Brexit is only issue GE will be fought over is not taking into account North Korea...Its on peoples minds now.

Last edited:
  • Dislike

Advertisers