Brexit, for once some facts.

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
These are indicative of Britain's problems, regardless of EU membership or not. Sadly, such problems will undoubtedly be exacerbated by secession from the EU.

18556176_548692972185217_8683920952236226702_n.jpg

18765590_1459377090750089_2858109252160495376_n.png

18700731_456630494682343_2630245625240845845_o.png

18699789_821655221326733_2306697368355003817_n.jpg

As for Theresa May and 'Brexit'......

..........How does Theresa May expect to negotiate with European ministers, when she can't even debate British politicians?

What a mess the rich and powerful have made of the UK. The royal family must be absolutely delighted that their position has been made even more secure and without any need to spend a penny of their own money to redecorate their various residences.

Tom

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Tom, a Philosophical Note for you.

Our very existence depends on the vagaries of the laws of chance, or so we are advised by those qualified to comment on these things.

For instance a single sperm is likely to be one in 75million others per average ejaculation,according to the WHO estimates.

How then can one possibly compute the odds of Producing The Nuttalls and Jacob Rees Moggs of this world?

This is almost enough to shake my Atheism as it so flies in the face of the Laws of odds as to tend to suggest the presence of a malevolent and vengeful God.

As in the last words of the Mayor of Gomorrah as he cried to the heavens
"I always knew it was a mistake to be twinned with Sodom!"

Could we have committed some cosmic offence to have brought Brexit and a Tory Government down upon our heads?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
For instance a single sperm is likely to be one in 75million others per average ejaculation,according to the WHO estimates.

How then can one possibly compute the odds of Producing The Nuttalls and Jacob Rees Moggs of this world?
Simple answer, it's not down to genetics, it's upbringing, environment and experience that produces the individual.

• Agree
Reactions: robdon and oldtom

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Simple answer, it's not down to genetics, it's upbringing, environment and experience that produces the individual.
But I cry, that should produce Normal or at least near Normal individuals, these are not normal individuals, they are more in the nature of walking abberations designed to create random chaos, so I'm still not eliminating the vengeful God theory just yet, as your theory while no doubt accurate,suggests there must be a lot more of them out there!

• Agree
Reactions: robdon

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
your theory while no doubt accurate,suggests there must be a lot more of them out there!
Indeed, the world is full of wannabees, but few are in a position to express their nature.

Rees Mogg for example was born into wealth and Eton educated on how to inflict himself upon an unsuspecting population

Other potential Rees Moggs don't have families that owned coal mines, more likely families that worked in them and could only send them to state comprehensives.

• Agree

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
Could we have committed some cosmic offence to have brought Brexit and a Tory Government down upon our heads?
I ponder that frequently OG. It has occurred to me occasionally when I sit still at the place where my pondering is done mostly - the 'Ponderosa' - that we are actually characters in a kind of arcade game being played by creatures elsewhere in another universe with a different time system to ours. Perhaps it's simply a sophisticated form of 'Monopoly'? On the other hand, perhaps I need to ease back on the cognac but the colours sound so nice when I lie back and look up at the sky watching the bats at midnight removing countless moths from around the streetlamps here on the costa.

I must get myself organised to cast my vote for JC as I really do think now he could be the next PM.

Tom

Reactions: robdon

Mal69

Pedelecer
May 22, 2017
Scottish Borders
www.darkrealmfox.com
Sociopaths are unfortunately attracted to power positions, be it banking jobs and politician jobs, they look normal people, they act normal, they say all the right things but inside they do not feel emotions and sympathy for people as most of us do, hence why the UK is how it currently is, if I have to explain how it currently is then you may be a sociopath.

Disclaimer: Part of this post is humour!

Last edited:
Reactions: robdon and flecc

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
You can always rely on Boris to miss the Elephant in the room!
"
'You don't have a clue!' Boris explodes as Labour refuses to commit to ANY Brexit plan
FOREIGN Secretary Boris Johnson raged at a Labour frontbencher over the party's unclear stance on Brexit."

Good grief!

• Agree

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
American politics tends to p me off as it is corrupt to the core. Occasionally, however, one of their leading lights says something worth disseminating far and wide.

This man is known all over the world and he may be a Hollywood product and multi-millionaire but whether sincere or not, this little extract from a speech is a telling indictment on the capitalist society:

Tom

Last edited:
Reactions: robdon and Mal69

Mal69

Pedelecer
May 22, 2017
Scottish Borders
www.darkrealmfox.com
I was watching the BBC ticker tape on the news channel last night, a bit scrolled across saying Corbyn doesn't know the cost of his social care plans, immediately after this there was a bit of info saying Theresa May believes she can work with the EU, reinforcing strong leadership claims.

This makes May look positive and Corbyn negative, this happens a lot with the BBC and I am fed up of it, with an election so close they are psychologically manipulating those undecided voters, be it subtle or not, it's happening, they claim they are always neutral, not so.

Last edited:

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
The amount of coverage JC got for not knowing how much child care would cost was ridiculous but I wondered if for once he,d been clever. I,m sure he,s capable of remembering £5 billion; was his mistake staged ????
Bur point over BBC being biased is definitely true....

Advertisers