Brexit, for once some facts.

derf

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 4, 2014
Paul
You are missing point of this thread. Its where keyboard warrior whinging stayers come to call leavers names rather than actually do anything..it serves a purpose,it keeps OG, Trex and Flecc off the streets and busy. They have nothing better to do.
( except Trex who watches value of pound , like rest of us watch Olympics.)
In my experience its been mostly those who voted leave that became insulting. Your racist remarks about my wife or tillson's about my profession comes to mind. I don't mind either,to be frank. Everyone gets too riled here occasionally. But those who voted remaine have not been as personally insulting. But its also at times informative,there some meaningfull disagreement There's many threads I'm not even aware off on here. I suspect you're saying it should be shut down has more to do with the uncomfortable realisation that you've made a mistake than concern for how others spend their time.

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
..it serves a purpose,it keeps OG, Trex and Flecc off the streets and busy. They have nothing better to do.
Wrong as ever, my time in this thread has been minimal. Most of my online time is spent on a completely different forum where many people are and have been grateful for my help in over a thousand posts in the year since last August. Just this moment answered another one.

And I spend many hours outdoors every day usefully occupied for others.

Mar 9, 2016
Derf
I,ve never mentioned your wife, didn't think anyone with such little empathy could be married.
And Tillson's post was nothing of the kind. You interpreted it as such.

Flecc
It takes even mote delusion than I credited you with to say your time on here is minimal. You never miss a post and have literally posted hundreds of times. Tolstoy wrote War and Peace in similar minimal time.

But Derf, you are correct ,I was mistaken. I should never have posted on here. Its a complete waste of time. Utterly useless getting involved in conversation with such self righteous posters.
I,ll leave you stayers to argue amongst yourselves...slowly spiralling each other into more and more of a frenzy..you,d have thought the hysteria and panic you,d caused would be left to die down..but no chance.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: robdon

derf

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 4, 2014
Derf
I,ve never mentioned your wife, didn't think anyone with such little empathy could be married.

Flecc
It takes even mote delusion than I credited you with to say your time on here is minimal. You never miss a post and have literally posted hundreds of times. Tolstoy wrote War and Peace in similar minimal time.

But Derf, you are correct ,I was mistaken. I should never have posted on here. Its a complete waste of time. Utterly useless getting involved in conversation with such self righteous posters.
You have mentioned her. But perhaps this post of yours illustrates my point about leave voters becoming more insulting than remainers. For some reason a number of cliches occur to me. One is that being this dismissive of others you don't know must leave you with loads of unhappiness/anger. Give it a rest.

• Agree
Reactions: Steve UKLSRA

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Your right Its not depriving me off anything only having too see it at the top of this piece of the forum everytime i click in here too which i realise i havent helped by bumping it up again

But being straight and honest Its you lot thats wasting your time bleating on about something you can do bog all about unless any of you actually have any influence in goverment that your not mentioning .
Having Fun? or does this thread cause you to worry for some reason and make you object?
Is there some reason you feel you have ownership of what is discussed here or
do you have a problem with other people engaging in debate?

• Agree
Reactions: robdon and derf

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Derf

Flecc

I,ll leave you stayers to argue amongst yourselves...slowly spiralling each other into more and more of a frenzy..you,d have thought the hysteria and panic you,d caused would be left to die down..but no chance.
What a surprise! good old Flud, two attacks for the price of one, and as usual way off topic.
You're leaving again? wow, even Nigel Farage hasn't done it as often as that.

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
In my experience its been mostly those who voted leave that became insulting. Your racist remarks about my wife or tillson's about my profession comes to mind.
I don't know what you do, so don't know how I can have intentionally insulted your profession.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Paul
You are missing point of this thread. Its where keyboard warrior whinging stayers come to call leavers names rather than actually do anything..it serves a purpose,it keeps OG, Trex and Flecc off the streets and busy. They have nothing better to do.
Actually while contributing to this thread I have travelled to Cornwall, Devon, Wales and North Yorkshire, which rather disproves it "keeps me off the streets," but you can't expect Flud to be worried about facts, or refrain from gratuitous attacks while sniping from behind the "ignore" button, though I suspect he isn't telling the truth about that, just has no argument to offer.
Keyboard Warrior describes you exactly flud, personal attacks are your standard response every time, yet you accuse others of being the same.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
as I said, the more money you have, the more you lose. You'd better watch it too.

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
Nice try Tillson, ingenuous as ever and with style.
I'm not entirely sure what you are attempting to imply, but I don't know what derf does for a living, do you?

From some of his words I detect that he works in a hospital, I but have no idea what his role is. In fact, I'm not 100% sure he does that anymore because, if I remember correctly, he moved to France shortly after the Brexit vote.

Mar 9, 2016
Derf
Find the post where I insulted your wife. Why on earth would I mention anyone I don't even know exists ??? You are either mixing me up with another poster or imagining things..( and the only post I have deleted is one that included more details of myself than sensible to include)
And Tillson neither insulted your profession or called you racist. I called you racist.( for lumping all us Brits together calling us bullies)
????
I challenge you to find the post I insulted your wife. Its not my style...there's plenty to go at insulting you !!!
But this thread is getting pathetic, and should have been closed weeks ago. Ir at least change title to
" find all negative aspects of Brexit and call leavers racist,xenophobic,poorly informed fools." ( which has all been said)

homemoz

Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2007
UK
Paranoid delusion anyone....

2017 - Nigel Farage is back as leader of UKIP due to delays in Brexit negotiations. May's "moderate" government is forced into an early election. UKIP hold the balance of power in coalition with a right wing conservative government. Repatriation is back on the agenda....
Racially motivated attacks on Muslims and those perceived to be "other" increase.....eventually to the extent that some form of martial law is introduced across the UK. Similar right wing groups gather strength across the continent, particularly in France & Italy although Germany is not exempt. Scotland votes for independence to the great relief of most it's population & the unification process in Ireland gathers pace.

Across in the USA, Trump is starting to build his equivalent of Hadrian's Wall. Feelings are running feverishly high both in Europe & the USA. Russia watches on with interest - Putin biding his time. ISIS seizes the opportunity to launch a series of relatively minor but very effective terrorist attacks with the aim of lighting the blue touch paper. Europe erupts into chaos and civil war or worse.....Then the fun really begins.....

For the record, I have joined a political party for the first time in my life and it isn't UKIP.

Reactions: derf and trex

derf

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 4, 2014
No It doesn't, they need them, they want them, and they are largely temp work visas, crammed into slum Accomadation, not consuming services
God not another one with a Philippine wife, what is it with guys
apologies flud, indeed, it was Brendan. Now how on earth could I possibly confuse you with Brendan? I mean its not as if the two of you have similar belligerent, unmindful, antagonistic manners?

• :D
Reactions: Steve UKLSRA

paul20v

Pedelecer
Nov 18, 2015
Having Fun? or does this thread cause you to worry for some reason and make you object?
Is there some reason you feel you have ownership of what is discussed here or
do you have a problem with other people engaging in debate?
I always have FUN :)
And is there a reason you feel i dont have the right to post what i feel ? or is it all one way for you ?

Heres one for you "lifes too short too worry about things you can do nothing about" and thats a fact of life ,
And as ive already asked the question ,
is anyone on this thread going to do anything about what there moaning about or have the power to do anything ??
Mmm thought not as theres nothing you can do otherwise you wouldnt be here moaning about stuff you have no control over .
And the fact you think this is a debate thread is laughable even to the fact you quoted me in your so callled debate
you seem to be confusing a debate with bitching
THIS THREAD IS WORTHLESS

Go on Quote me again im enjoying this thread now LOL

Last edited:
  • Disagree

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
you can use your vote to vote out the brexiters next time round.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011

derf

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 4, 2014
I always have FUN :)
And is there a reason you feel i dont have the right to post what i feel ? or is it all one way for you ?

Heres one for you "lifes too short too worry about things you can do nothing about" and thats a fact of life ,
And as ive already asked the question ,
is anyone on this thread going to do anything about what there moaning about or have the power to do anything ??
Mmm thought not as theres nothing you can do otherwise you wouldnt be here moaning about stuff you have no control over .
And the fact you think this is a debate thread is laughable even to the fact you quoted me in your so callled debate
you seem to be confusing a debate with bitching
THIS THREAD IS WORTHLESS

Go on Quote me again im enjoying this thread now LOL
there's still a great deal to do about brexit. nothing is clear about it yet. except that it's an unplanned un thought through mess - no doubt not least because people vote and live without considering the future, or their own role in it, at all (I must confess your post comes to mind) made the marginal leave vote happen. There's also rather a lot one can do personally, with investment and property (as I have, but I'm sure none of that will concern you). I cant help wondering when those in the UK who have this kind of beyond fatalism will wake up? Would it be against the rules of the forum to have a friendly non financial bet as to how low the pound has to drop before Boris swings and tells us all we completely misunderstood him and he "meant remain when he said leave" and flud and paul begin to bore us all with their experience about lack of services and benefits?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Flecc
You really do make a habit of being wrong Flud. I've just quickly checked through the last five pages of this thread and found I'd posted 30 lines in total, 9 lines defending myself against unfair accusations like your's above, and 4 lines helpfully answering someone's Crown Dependencies question. The very few minutes to type those hardly compares to Leo Tolstoy's intensive scribblings.

So 17 lines net related to the thread topic in 5 whole web pages. You've managed to post 30 lines on this one page alone!

Last edited:

paul20v

Pedelecer
Nov 18, 2015
there's still a great deal to do about brexit. nothing is clear about it yet. except that it's an unplanned un thought through mess - no doubt not least because people vote and live without considering the future, or their own role in it, at all (I must confess your post comes to mind) made the marginal leave vote happen. There's also rather a lot one can do personally, with investment and property (as I have, but I'm sure none of that will concern you). I cant help wondering when those in the UK who have this kind of beyond fatalism will wake up? Would it be against the rules of the forum to have a friendly non financial bet as to how low the pound has to drop before Boris swings and tells us all we completely misunderstood him and he "meant remain when he said leave" and flud and paul begin to bore us all with their experience about lack of services and benefits?
Us bore you
If that's not the pot calling the kettle black
And again another negative brexit answer and knee jerk reaction to the whole situation
People like you are the reason things bad happen
Instead try looking on the bright side and making the best of whatever happens,
instead of it's all doom and gloom right from the off
Nice work and don't take that too heart there's millions of negative thinkers just like you through out the world
And as for me moaning if it all goes too hell "wrong"
Remember what I said live life too the full and stop going on about things you can do nothing about as you will just wind yourself up and put your blood pressure up.

And just one more thing "quote me happy"

Advertisers