Brexit, for once some facts.

ianboydsnr

Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2018
Cumbria
Of the millions of comments raised by the referendum result, there is one truism that some might wish to ponder:

'Not all Leavers are racist, but all racists voted Leave'

Tom
Is there any truth in that backed by evidence or is that just you blowing out of your rear, and proving again how bigoted you are?

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
From the Independent
TM is hoping the "Creative Ambiguity" will kid the Brexit voters, (Many of whom she quite rightly thinks, will have no idea what she has agreed to)

On reflection, I'm not sure I know either!

Brexit: UK set to give some EU citizens preferable treatment as part of future trade deal.

I mean to say what is the meaning of using the term "preferable" instead of "preferential"?

Who is preferring it?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-latest-eu-citizens-preferable-treatment-freedom-movement-trade-deal-a8443851.html

And of course the fun begins when the EU read it.
It's ground that has been gone over before, but any deal with and for a post BREXIt UK regarding EU citizens is a diminution of their current rights and privileges, By UK citizens I am also including those 60 millions who are UK subjects i.e hold UK passports. !

• Agree
Reactions: robdon and oyster

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Is there any truth in that backed by evidence or is that just you blowing out of your rear, and proving again how bigoted you are?
Since you do have secret ballots, it is impossible to prove. There is however a logical consistency in the proposition . Perhaps it might even be less ambiguous if " white supremacist" were substituted for " racist"...although where does that leave those objecting to Hungarians and Poles

Reactions: robdon

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales

ianboydsnr

Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2018
Cumbria
Since you do have secret ballots, it is impossible to prove. There is however a logical consistency in the proposition . Perhaps it might even be less ambiguous if " white supremacist" were substituted for " racist"...although where does that leave those objecting to Hungarians and Poles
Well as Hungarians and Poles are white European, then anyone with issues against them are not racists, unless the person with issues is not White European,

But you have confirmed that Tom is blowing out of his rear,

I have no issue with Tom saying that he thinks that all racists voted leave, but implying it as fact needs more evidence, he does seem to scatter gun the racist comments to the point that I am beginning to think that he doth protest too much.

• Disagree
  • Agree
Reactions: robdon and Zlatan

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Trump seems to disagree with May's idea of 'Brexit'. I'm bound to say that I think it's now a complete mess and at this stage, I'd prefer the 'crash and burn', suicide method which would be the quickest way of getting the eejits who voted for it to understand the economics of life in a small but over-populated country, no longer important in any global sense.

brexit-trump-visit-latest-theresa-may-referendum-vote-a8443806.html

Tom
He said this
"In an extraordinary intervention in British domestic politics, the US president told reporters at the Nato summit that her proposals would leave the UK “partially involved with the EU”."

Perhaps he would prefer us to be completely under American Control instead?
That's what the idiot wants.
If we aren't much more involved with the EU than this sham TM is proposing we will end up as a basket case

• Agree

ianboydsnr

Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2018
Cumbria
He said this
"In an extraordinary intervention in British domestic politics, the US president told reporters at the Nato summit that her proposals would leave the UK “partially involved with the EU”."

If we aren't much more involved with the EU than this sham TM is proposing we will end up as a basket case
Trump is an idiot, he will need friends soon, because he is rapidly pissing everyone off, he wants to be in a trade war with everybody.

• Agree
Reactions: oldgroaner

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Well as Hungarians and Poles are white European, then anyone with issues against them are not racists, unless the person with issues is not White European,

But you have confirmed that Tom is blowing out of his rear,

I have no issue with Tom saying that he thinks that all racists voted leave, but implying it as fact needs more evidence, he does seem to scatter gun the racist comments to the point that I am beginning to think that he doth protest too much.
perhaps you should read his post again, he did not say it was a fact, he said it was a truism
" The word may also be used with a different sense in rhetoric, to disguise the fact that a proposition is really just an opinion."

It was you that used the word "fact" not Tom and added a personal remark for good measure
Do I agree with him? No, but he is entitled to his opinion.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
He said this

I wonder how many of the brexit contingent will complain as much about Trump's interference as they did about Obama's statements?

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Trump is an idiot, he will need friends soon, because he is rapidly pissing everyone off, he wants to be in a trade war with everybody.
TM is rolling out the red carpet for Donald Trump, treats him to a lavish dinner etc etc hoping for a sign of a quick and favourable deal.
In view that we need the USA much less than the EU, should TM roll out the red carpet for M. Barnier too?

ianboydsnr

Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2018
Cumbria
perhaps you should read his post again, he did not say it was a fact, he said it was a truism
" The word may also be used with a different sense in rhetoric, to disguise the fact that a proposition is really just an opinion."

It was you that used the word "fact" not Tom and added a personal remark for good measure
Do I agree with him? No, but he is entitled to his opinion.
This is the Internet, being vague often results in misinterpreted, is that the fault of the person reading or writing, in your opinion?

And he has form in branding the Racism word around inappropriately.

• Agree
Reactions: Zlatan

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
TM is rolling out the red carpet for Donald Trump, treats him to a lavish dinner etc etc hoping for a sign of a quick and favourable deal.
In view that we need the USA much less than the EU, should TM roll out the red carpet for M. Barnier too?
I like that thought. Thing is, it is probably hard to find anyone else in the world whose vanity and self-obsession is as pandered to by that red carpet treatment. Quite possibly Barnier would prefer a much less ostentatious welcome - but one that was genuine. (I have no knowledge of Barnier's actual views.)

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
If she’s willing to stoop that low, then the only way is up, so maybe she should wear the maids outfit and the long blond wig, and get us some goddam trade deals.
With the USA? Not likely to be to our benefit, are they?
The fundamental problem isn't with getting trade deals, though in fact they take years to complete and will not arrive in time anyway, it is much more serious than that.
We need to become world class hhigh volume manfacturers to have a future.

Only foreign companies have the will, skill and foresight to invest and successfully run large scale manufacturing operations in this country.
No home based company has this capability.
Brexit means simply exchanging one Foreign subjugation (which was benign) for another that will jump ship as soon as look at you when things get tough.

That's the flaw in the logic of the Brexit voters ..misplaced faith in the elite of this country with the money, power, and position to affect their fate will come patriotically to the rescue and build them a new shiny future.

why hasn't this happened before? too much risk and there's easier money to be made elsewhere.

The old saying "put not your faith in princes" applies.
The evidence is all around, but leave voters are utterly determined to ignore it and live in a fantasy land.

What does Brexit actually mean?

"Brexit: UK under new foreign ownership"

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

Last edited:

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
This is the Internet, being vague often results in misinterpreted, is that the fault of the person reading or writing, in your opinion?

And he has form in branding the Racism word around inappropriately.
To question on the answer is probably both, to question two, probably, but then he does encounter some inapproprite responses as you demonstrated.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
this comment is from a reader of the Sun:

"Trump is absolutely correct. May is destroying Brexit.
No US trade deal can happen if the UK doesn't do a real Brexit."

Boris, have you read the Sun today? Home truth to all hard brexiters. Donald is very clear: you can't have your cake and eating it.

DT is helping TM in his special way by removing the idea of a quick deal with the USA..

Advertisers