Brexit, for once some facts.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I just grabbed an official figure:

Deaths with COVID-19 on the death certificate
Weekly
799 — Abstract information: Weekly number of deaths where COVID-19 is mentioned as a cause on the death certificate, registered during the week ending Friday, 26 March 2021.

Total
https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/deaths
The usual figure is the deaths within 28 day of a jab one, which is the lower one we usually hear.

I think they are both exaggerations.

• Agree
Reactions: oldgroaner

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
Have they decided which 20 people will be allowed at the Duke's funeral?

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Not so, half the country don't support royalty when polled, it's bit like the Brexit split, about 50/50.
flecc, That is perhaps true, but I think that a lot of those "republicans " are closet royalists and have a soft spot of sentimentality .

Chainring

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2013
The whole country should pay £158.57 when they pay their next TV licence, the 43 pence short of the £159 being for this day of TV and radio broadcasting they've cheated us out of.
We stopped our licence last June. I gave up with the radio years ago, and have not read a newspaper for almost eigteen months. It is the mainstream media which has enabled this illusion of a 'pandemic'. Cure for Covid? Ninety days without TV.
This one summed it up for me:
https://www.bitchute.com/video/dNqbqf9zogbE/ I, personally, do not know anyone who has died of Covid, whether they live around me, in the company I work for, or the companies I visit in my work.

• Disagree
Reactions: oldgroaner

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
We stopped our licence last June. I gave up with the radio years ago, and have not read a newspaper for almost eigteen months. It is the mainstream media which has enabled this illusion of a 'pandemic'. Cure for Covid? Ninety days without TV.
https://www.bitchute.com/video/dNqbqf9zogbE/ I, personally, do not know anyone who has died of Covid, whether they live around me, in the company I work for, or the companies I visit in my work.
Australia is made up. I, ve never been, never touched it, therfore it doesn't exist.
As for your selfish argument about not knowing anyone who has died of covid personally.
A) Be thankful
B) At moment deaths to covid are roughly one in 500 people.. Its highly likely many of us have no experience of people actually dying of it.
Find a nurse out who works on ICU and tell them it doesn't exist.

Last edited:

Nev

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2018
North Wales
We stopped our licence last June. I gave up with the radio years ago, and have not read a newspaper for almost eigteen months.
Do you think you are likely to get reliable news from people on YT who are either
a) Well meaning but totally unqualified to talk about whatever they are talking about
b) Make money out of spreading rubbish on line
c) Do not have to answer to any kind of regulatory authority about what they say on line.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
You may have a point there, none of the 883 people in Hull who have died of Covid have spoken to me either.

Not even the 16 in our postcode
Are they just unsociable?

By the way what's the weather like on the moon where you live?

Reactions: oyster

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
This made me smile

Reaction to hearing the news of the death of Prince Philip

Later on Twitter

It made me think wistfully how I miss my old Mum, she was the source of my madness.
Two of her quotes to give you an inkling of her unique style
After a couple of the kids at school were found to have rickets the NHS gave out little Aspirin bottles of concentrated orange juice. so Mother instructed me thus

"Drink your orange, your legs will soon come straight"

And then she decided at one point to dose me on "Brimstone and treacle"
(I still can't believe it really was) but it was dreadfully bitter, hence this remark]

"It won't kill you....you'll die afterwards"

In those days Mothers lived in fear of infant mortality, and even more of the fear of how other women would react to their particular offspring being weak and sickly
Unfortunately I have always suffered from sinus problems hence this immortal line as we were going into a shop.

"Stop snivelling , people will think you're puny!"

I still smile. :cool:

Last edited:

Chainring

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2013
I suspect they are getting the drinks in in the Pfizer boardroom right now!
This man seems to be qualified to speak on the subject.....

Chainring

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2013
You may have a point there, none of the 883 people in Hull who have died of Covid have spoken to me either.

Not even the 16 in our postcode
Are they just unsociable?

By the way what's the weather like on the moon where you live?
Did they die OF covid, WITH covid, and did you personally know any?

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
In my very small circle of regular personal contacts:
One currently has a brain tumour.
One has a disorder that is usually said to have an incidence of about one in half a million. And she has a very odd form of it - so even rarer.
I have an oddity about my feet which, superficially, has an incidence of about 19 in 100,000. But when I look further, almost all cases have different origins to mine.

Which rather shows that basing things on our immediate contacts tends to distort reality.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
And you know what else?. The virus doe not watch the news either ,or listen to the radio. So it is not all embarrassed by all the publicity its getting. And yes I know people who have died from it.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
A natural reaction by people, but one which could have been ameliorated by providing much better advice:

A&E ‘swamped’ with patients seeking help for mild Covid jab side-effects
Emergency departments report surge in cases of headaches linked to AstraZeneca jab amid concerns of blood clots

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Most people who die With Covid. Not OF Covid .
Everyone dies ultimately from a lack of oxygen. They don't die of pneumonia, or heart attacks or cancer or drowning ,or old age ,they die of lack of oxygen. Its just that a building falling on you makes it harder to breathe or a steering wheel impaled in ones chest , impedes breathing or the heart stopping makes it harder to drive the oxygen around, or the litres of phlem in the lungs makes it harder for the oxygen to get into the tissue..
The cause of all deaths is lack of oxygen, the reason why there is a lack is what appears on the death certificate. It is exactly the same with every other illness

• Agree
Reactions: Woosh

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Last edited:

Advertisers