Brexit, for once some facts.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
did anyone watch the ITV Harry interview last night?
I did.
Charles was the only one spared (kind of).
The 3 gorgon women and the sick relationship between the tabloids that own the family and some members of the family were at the root of the feud.
No, I couldn't stand any more of Harry's mournful complaints. At least when Edward VIII abdicated he did the decent thing by moving abroad with his unapproved wife and keeping his mouth shut. Harry lacks that wisdom.

I watched BBC2 digging up dirt instead, but of the archaeological variety in "Digging for Britain".

• :D
Reactions: Woosh

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
No, I couldn't stand any more of Harry's mournful complaints.
right or wrong, those complaints signal the beginning of the end of our monarchy. Their relationship with the tabloids is their undoing. The royal family is held as hyper celebrities and role models by the media. They are celebrities but without talent and anything but role models, so something is going to give.
The first incident is a war started by their celebrity wives, Camilla, Catherine and Meghan. Their husbands should know better than getting involved but they are so used to nobody says no to them, they can't stop themselves.

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
right or wrong, those complaints signal the beginning of the end of our monarchy. Their relationship with the tabloids is their undoing. The royal family is held as hyper celebrities and role models by the media. They are celebrities but without talent and anything but role models, so something is going to give.
The first incident is a war started by their celebrity wives, Camilla, Catherine and Meghan. Their husbands should know better than getting involved but they are so used to nobody says no to them, they can't stop themselves.
Being opposed to the continuation of royalty and offended by being called a subject rather than a citizen, it suits me to see them self destructing. Since about 1960 their only value was being a tourism asset, but I think that is reducing now, thanks to their behaviours.

Reactions: Woosh

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
To make it worse shapps edited whatsistwat out of the pics

This forum's software is getting worse. I received an alert saying that you were quoting me with this post, instead of snafu whose post it was.
[/QUOTE]
To be fair, I was about to (but got dragged afk)

• Informative
Reactions: Woosh and flecc

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Don King Presents "The Right Royal Rumble" - premature baldy and ginger would make a fortune, after fees and taxes. My money's on ginger, if he takes enough PCPs, ecstasy and LSD.

Last edited:

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
RR should make rockets.

• Agree
Reactions: guerney

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Some of you will remember that out of curiosity shortly before Xmas I checked WeBuyAnyCar for my very low mileage Nissan Leaf's price.

I've just received the sixteenth email from them, still pleading to buy it. That is how desperately short of e-cars the market is, so much for the silly media reports trying to say their sales are falling.

Reactions: Zlatan

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
Some of you will remember that out of curiosity shortly before Xmas I checked WeBuyAnyCar for my very low mileage Nissan Leaf's price.

I've just received the sixteenth email from them, still pleading to buy it. That is how desperately short of e-cars the market is, so much for the silly media reports trying to say their sales are falling.
I know that's the case (from my own quite old ev's trade in value as well). But don't get it when a brand new mg 4 is under 30k (with a lengthy guarantee & range etc), not in the bigger scheme of things much more expensive

Reactions: flecc and Zlatan

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Perhaps electolal (pronounced like Kim Jong un's "ronnery") dysfunction? I mean the reason why starmer is a sukak clone must have something to do with representative focus groups..
You are obviously correct but would add they seem quite short of relatively low mileage decent cars generally. I, ve had at least 10 reminders offering gradually more for my 2 litre diesel . Its actually gone up in value over last 6 months,not much but taking into account the higher mileage (around 4k miles more) it's surprising. (It's a £30 a year tax vehicle tho, so that might explain it, Sheffield is starting its congestion zone charge in Feb, I, d guess low tax, economical big cars are at a premium.

Advertisers