Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Jean-Claude Juncker:
"Yes, we should have with Britain, a normal relationship and that includes this a kind of freedom of movement for workers."
I wonder which PM would dare to go for this sensible solution to solve our shortage of farm, home care and health workers.

Reactions: flecc

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Jean-Claude Juncker:
"Yes, we should have with Britain, a normal relationship and that includes this a kind of freedom of movement for workers."
I wonder which PM would dare to go for this sensible solution to solve our shortage of farm, home care and health workers.
It's probably too late anyway. Remember how the continentals poured out in disapointment and disgust at the Brexit vote, feeling so unwelcome. So when we really had to bring in more care workers in 2021 we were having to bring them from India, the Ukraine and even Russia.

Now even the last two are off the list of possibles.

• Agree
Reactions: Woosh

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
It's probably too late anyway. Remember how the continentals poured out in disapointment and disgust at the Brexit vote, feeling so unwelcome. So when we really had to bring in more care workers in 2021 we were having to bring them from India, the Ukraine and even Russia.

Now even the last two are off the list of possibles.
Yep country is in dire need of some slave labour to keep us rich.

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
Or we could be the rich poor by joining the Russian Federation and enjoy the world's far cheapest Oil, Gas, Grains and an abundance of minerals.

And no Tory Party! ;)
Yes, heaven forbid we rejoin the EU, that haven of (relative) democracy, wealth, consumer and employee protection. I mean THAT is an utterly unbearable ******* price to pay for giving up the privilege to be inbred xenophobic twats.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Yes, heaven forbid we rejoin the EU, that haven of (relative) democracy, wealth, consumer and employee protection. I mean THAT is an utterly unbearable ******* price to pay for giving up the privilege to be inbred xenophobic twats.
Give Boris a bit more time and he'll sort it for you. You watch, if he thinks there's a vote to be had pushing EU he'll have no qualms in a hand brake turn.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Give Boris a bit more time and he'll sort it for you. You watch, if he thinks there's a vote to be had pushing EU he'll have no qualms in a hand brake turn.
Although true, we won't be seeing Boris Johnson returning anytime in the near future. There are two scenarios:

1) The Tories with Sunak win the next election, in which case Sunak will be secure as PM for the following five years, the Tories as ever love a winner.

2) The Tories lose the next election in which case they dump Sunak for someone else. But that someone else will not be Boris Johnson since he won't stand for election in two years time to be the leader of the opposition for five years. He's been PM so will not take either the second best demotion or the work involved. As Ken Livingstone said long ago, Johnson is "a fairly lazy tosser who just wants to be there".

In the latter circumstance he might stand again at the following election in 7 years time to try to win it back for them, which is more his style, being their saviour. He'll still only be 65 then.

Last edited:
Reactions: Woosh

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
Indeed, but that takes us back to the good old days of being governed by "shopping trolley" Johnson as he makes fifty u turns a week depending on where the (self interested) wind blows (with us no doubt leaving the EU, again, six months later as the piglet follows the dim electorates' lead)

• :D
Reactions: Woosh and flecc

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Indeed, but that takes us back to the good old days of being governed by "shopping trolley" Johnson as he makes fifty u turns a week depending on where the (self interested) wind blows (with us no doubt leaving the EU, again, six months later as the piglet follows the dim electorates' lead)
There is nothing like a man with the courage of his convictions..
His is to have none. And wallow in it..
But wait a few years. He, s like Terminator and McCarthur... He'll be back.
Public have short memories.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
You all thought my post about joining the Russian Federation funny, but consider this:

Russia is still with the old world trading prices for energy we used to have in 2021. But their friends like Abkhazia, Transninistria and Belarussia only pay a quarter of those! Ukrainians also enjoyed those until they took leave of their senses. Somehow I think the British public would find such miniscule energy prices very appealing at the moment.

I could even win Zlatan over with petrol and diesel at well under a pound a gallon and no ban on noisy, gas guzzling i.c engines planned.

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
There is nothing like a man with the courage of his convictions..
His is to have none. And wallow in it..
But wait a few years. He, s like Terminator and McCarthur... He'll be back.
Public have short memories.
Pecunia si uti scis, ancilla est; si nescis domina (if you know how to use money, money is your slave; if you don't, money is your master) as seneca pointed out. From boris' publicly disclosed financial habits I gather he is indeed a natural slave, not leader.

• Agree
Reactions: Zlatan and flecc

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Pecunia si uti scis, ancilla est; si nescis domina (if you know how to use money, money is your slave; if you don't, money is your master) as seneca pointed out. From boris' publicly disclosed financial habits I gather he is indeed a natural slave, not leader.
Bet he's better off than me tho..mind you I am sat on a balcony over looking Agious Georgious Bay in Cyprus after spending day falling of a paddle board.. Wouldn't swap him..

• Agree
Reactions: jonathan.agnew

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
Bet he's better off than me tho..mind you I am sat on a balcony over looking Agious Georgious Bay in Cyprus after spending day falling of a paddle board.. Wouldn't swap him..
Indeed (and I say it having just finished writing an overdue report in a sterile office). He seems bloated, unhappy, lost. Happiness as you point out can have more to do with personal experience than what we have

• Agree
Reactions: flecc and Zlatan

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
He seems bloated, unhappy, lost.
Inevitable. All his life he's been getting away with lies and incompetence, which in his mind is winning.

But this time he has come unstuck in very big way which he cannot present in any way as winning. Nor is he mentally equipped to cope with everyone seeing him in office as wrong and failing. That Sunak has succeeded so well with the EU on the Irish matter where he so miserably failed will have made matters worse for his mental health.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
He seems bloated, unhappy, lost.
I watched Johnson delivering his speech at the soft power conference earlier this week. He was rambling, regurgitating the old covid jokes etc. He droned on for quite some time, usual stuttering but he wasn't funny anymore. He seemed to have lost his self confidence.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc and Zlatan

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Inevitable. All his life he's been getting away with lies and incompetence, which in his mind is winning.

But this time he has come unstuck in very big way which he cannot present in any way as winning. Nor is he mentally equipped to cope with everyone seeing him in office as wrong and failing. That Sunak has succeeded so well with the EU on the Irish matter where he so miserably failed will have made matters worse for his mental health.
Although schoolboy comparisons are odious, I cannot but see Sunak as the class swot, who while bright, always has his homework done on time and comes in with his hair combed and his blazer freshly ironed. In comparison Johnson is the class Joker

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Although schoolboy comparisons are odious, I cannot but see Sunak as the class swot, who while bright, always has his homework done on time and comes in with his hair combed and his blazer freshly ironed. In comparison Johnson is the class Joker
Indeed, a perfect summary of their respective presences.

Advertisers