byocycle folding bike

kenny d

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 5, 2023
Yeah I have tried the pas sensor with the wires either way. On one way I get a red light on and a pulse when the magnets go over the pick up . Wired the other way the red light stays on constant. No assist forward or backwards.
I do get 5v when the sensor passes a magnet when turned very slow. In my previous post I believe I was cracking too fast

kenny d

Sep 5, 2023
If the red light is flashing and you get a 5v pulse then it’s wired up and working properly.

The problem that you have now is that you are unable to configure the controller with your display.

The controller may be set to PAS 0, so peddle assist and throttle won‘t work.
I'm guessing the controller can't be adjusted using the 880 display

thelarkbox

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2023
oxon
new to kt controllers ive just read the manual a little but the last entry is about settings to another headset, could OP's 880 display receive the settings from another lcd headset? or is it a feature available only with lcd headsets ?? it would be great if you could program a less sophisticated looking headset.

AGS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2023
I just stumbled across this:

• KT-LED880 E-Bike LED Meter for KT Series Controllers. It only fits KT series controllers. It is not suitable for other controllers. It can display speed. The parameter in this kind of LED meter can be copied from the KT-LCD1 display. So you can buy one KT-LCD1 display for setting many KT LED880 meters parameter.
  • The function is same as KT-LCD1 except setting by itself. So the KT-LED880 can not be setup by itself. You need to copy parameters from KT-LCD1 or from another KT-LED880.
  • It is a smart LED panel. You can not test it by only voltage. You need to install it on your E-Bike and pedal for 3-5 seconds. Then the LED panel will show battery level normally.

So they are saying to get it to work you need to flash the settings from a KTLCD01 display.

thelarkbox

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2023
oxon
someone without scruples could distance buy a kt lcd1 then and return it a couple of days later even.. hmmmm

AGS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2023
Better off replacing it with a KT LCD03. It appears to be the most popular KT display. Although the KT LCD08 looks lush.

AGS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2023
Yeah but he can’t configure it without a load of faff and he will need to make a wiring cable to connect them both together. He has had enough trouble setting up his pas.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
I just stumbled across this:

• KT-LED880 E-Bike LED Meter for KT Series Controllers. It only fits KT series controllers. It is not suitable for other controllers. It can display speed. The parameter in this kind of LED meter can be copied from the KT-LCD1 display. So you can buy one KT-LCD1 display for setting many KT LED880 meters parameter.
  • The function is same as KT-LCD1 except setting by itself. So the KT-LED880 can not be setup by itself. You need to copy parameters from KT-LCD1 or from another KT-LED880.
  • It is a smart LED panel. You can not test it by only voltage. You need to install it on your E-Bike and pedal for 3-5 seconds. Then the LED panel will show battery level normally.

So they are saying to get it to work you need to flash the settings from a KTLCD01 display.
LCD1 doesn't give access to all the settings. Any of the other KT LCDs would be OK. I think LCD5 is the cheapest.

kenny d

Sep 5, 2023
Looks like I need another display lol. Really greatful of all the help I've received much appreciated.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Check your pas wiring before changing the sensor. The pin connections won’t necessarily be the same as on your old controller and KT controllers aren’t that fussy on what pedal sensor is used.

Most KT controller wiring for PAS is Red = 5v, Black = 0v, Yellow = signal.
The wiring colours on PAS sensors aren’t standardised, so can be anything.

Did you try peddling backwards to see if the pas triggers in reverse?
All of my KT's use Brown for the PAS/5v .
Red is used for throttle and spd sensor.

AGS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2023
Yes it’s brown. I had mine checked. It looks red to me. Unfortunately I have gone colour blind. I now can tell the difference between red and brown.

Advertisers