C500 Display settings.

pip48

Pedelecer
Jan 29, 2024
Norwich, Norfolk
I am having problems setting up the additional setting interface. After switching on the display I have added info such as 36v, MPH and wheel size. Then to go to the additional settings is says hold Set and Minus together for 10 seconds and here you can set info for the PAS sensor. But I have tried it multiple times and nothing happens, it just stays showing the first screen. I contacted Yosepower Joey about this but he just keep repeating" send me videos". I asked why videos as in the plural and no reply. I then said it is faulty and he said "no way". He is as much help as a chocolate teapot. Are these extra settings important?

pip48

Pedelecer
Jan 29, 2024
Norwich, Norfolk
Well the instructions that came with the display state as I have done and on the Yosepower website instructions they state the same.

Cadence

Pedelecer
Feb 23, 2023
It should work, but make sure that you are entering the additional settings menu from the general settings menu (any parameter will do).
Hold down the SET button for at least 2 seconds until the display changes for general settings, then hold down the SET and MINUS buttons for at least 10 seconds - again until the display changes. I emphasize this only because I initially misread the instructions and tried holding the SET and MINUS buttons from the main screen, which does nothing.
You should be able to access the advanced settings - note that, unlike the 350w kits, with the display supplied with 250w kits there is no provision for setting the max speed above 15.5mph and the throttle can't be set above 6kmh.

Reactions: pip48

pip48

Pedelecer
Jan 29, 2024
Norwich, Norfolk
Thank you I will try as you have said. Actually all I want to do is change the first three settings, that is speed selection which Joey said I can ignore. The next one is for pedal direction and the last one is for sensitivity of the PAS 2 - 63, whatever that means?

Cadence

Pedelecer
Feb 23, 2023
Thank you I will try as you have said. Actually all I want to do is change the first three settings, that is speed selection which Joey said I can ignore. The next one is for pedal direction and the last one is for sensitivity of the PAS 2 - 63, whatever that means?
It determines how quickly the motor kicks in when you start to pedal. I left mine as it came.
Be careful when you enter the advanced settings that you don't inadvertently change the first setting ( 4.2.1 SET 1) "speed sensor selection" from the default. It happens if of you don't release SET and MINUS at the same time. If it does change you will get incorrect MPH readings when riding. Just go back into the menu and change it (1 or 6).

Last edited:
Reactions: pip48

pip48

Pedelecer
Jan 29, 2024
Norwich, Norfolk
Thanks for all your help, I know the second setting is at its default as I did a no speed test and the motor worked on all 5 settings. I think it is best to leave the last setting as is as you have done, the instructions show scn03.

Lily-YOSEPOWER

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 16, 2024
Hello, sorry for the delayed response. I hope your issue has been resolved. As "Cadence" mentioned, you need to first enter the general setting interface and then simultaneously press SET and DOWN for ten seconds to access the advanced setting. Our customer service team deals with a large volume of emails daily, and if you include videos and pictures directly in your email, it will make it easier for them to assist you. If you encounter any further issues, you can contact customer service in this way. Thank you for your support of YOSEPOWER. And thank you for your understanding. 57320

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Hello, sorry for the delayed response. I hope your issue has been resolved. As "Cadence" mentioned, you need to first enter the general setting interface and then simultaneously press SET and DOWN for ten seconds to access the advanced setting. Our customer service team deals with a large volume of emails daily, and if you include videos and pictures directly in your email, it will make it easier for them to assist you. If you encounter any further issues, you can contact customer service in this way. Thank you for your support of YOSEPOWER. And thank you for your understanding. View attachment 57320
You have my deepest sympathy. It's bad enough trying to answer questions here. It must be much harder for you when you add in all the people lying about what they did to destroy what you supplied.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
You talk a load of rubbish.
You're making yourself look stupid. I used to take calls on behalf of a kit supplier and fix all the stuff that the customers broke, so I know what I'm talking about, and so does Lily. We've even had people on this forum admit that they broke Yose stuff and claimed replacements or refunds, and quite often they don't know how the stuff works or how to put it together and blame the supplier rather than themselves.

pip48

Pedelecer
Jan 29, 2024
Norwich, Norfolk
You're making yourself look stupid. I used to take calls on behalf of a kit supplier and fix all the stuff that the customers broke, so I know what I'm talking about, and so does Lily. We've even had people on this forum admit that they broke Yose stuff and claimed replacements or refunds, and quite often they don't know how the stuff works or how to put it together and blame the supplier rather than themselves.
Your comment has nothing to do with my thread.