Cardiff Bay Barrage

RoadieRoger

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2010
Did my longest trip on the Batribike Folder this afternoon , over 22 miles including the crossing of the Cardiff Bay Barrage . No vehicles are allowed to cross from Penarth to Cardiff on this route , just lots of cycles and pedestrians . Passed a lady on another E Folder of a different make with a dog being exercised on a lead while she was riding . Good job it was a small dog , if it was a large one he would be faster than the bike !
Tried to post pics. but no luck .

kitchenman

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 9, 2010
Aberaeron, West Wales
Shame. Would like to see them as I'm coming down that way soon. Whats the problem with the photos? Too big? If so, you got 2 options. Reduce the size using a free download program like Irfanview (google it) or get a free account on photobucket or flickr or similar ... If you go for the Irfanview option I use it and can talk you through the resizing if you need help. Its basically this: Open , choose photo, select IMAGE/Resize/Resample, on rhs select 640*480 and select Half and then select OK. If its still too big repeat until its about 90kb

RoadieRoger

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2010
Thanks for the suggestion kitchenman , I will try it out tomorrow .The first attempt resulted in it being too big to be accepted , it was only 3 photos . I used to work near the Pier Head at Cardiff Docks 25 years ago , but the place has changed out of all recognition . The link from the Penarth side to the Cardiff Pier Head is excellent for cycling and there were lots of small children accompanied by their parents really enjoying the car free riding . I live in Barry and haven`t had a look at the place in years even though it`s only 11 miles away . When the Barrage was mooted about 20 years ago , some thought that the water would be coming up through the drains and flooding the area , like it used to in our basement there at high tide .The main snag was lots of midges , but judging by the number of Swallows and Swifts about there today , that problem is also sorted . The Seaplane from Loch Lomond is due down sometime to do trips from the Bay .
Since getting the Batribike last September my riding range has increased threefold when compared with my ordinary folder . On the way back I had to resort to medium assist as the wind was strong , without power it would have been a struggle .

kitchenman

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 9, 2010
Aberaeron, West Wales
Thanks for the suggestion kitchenman , I will try it out tomorrow .The first attempt resulted in it being too big to be accepted , it was only 3 photos . I used to work near the Pier Head at Cardiff Docks 25 years ago , but the place has changed out of all recognition . The link from the Penarth side to the Cardiff Pier Head is excellent for cycling and there were lots of small children accompanied by their parents really enjoying the car free riding . I live in Barry and haven`t had a look at the place in years even though it`s only 11 miles away . When the Barrage was mooted about 20 years ago , some thought that the water would be coming up through the drains and flooding the area , like it used to in our basement there at high tide .The main snag was lots of midges , but judging by the number of Swallows and Swifts about there today , that problem is also sorted . The Seaplane from Loch Lomond is due down sometime to do trips from the Bay .
Since getting the Batribike last September my riding range has increased threefold when compared with my ordinary folder . On the way back I had to resort to medium assist as the wind was strong , without power it would have been a struggle .
Nice one. Fond memories of Barry Island and family holidays ...