Claud Butler Glide 2

vectra

Pedelecer
Feb 5, 2011
Hi

I need to be able to delete this model from my list or include it for further consideration.

Does anyone know of a dealer in Shropshire, Cheshire, North Wales or Lancashire who has a demo/test ride model?

If anyone actually owns this model or has experience of it I'd be interested to hear from them.

Had a ride on a couple of crank models at the weekend together with the Wisper 705se and couple more hub driven models. I'd always assumed that I'd plump for a non-crank model however my rides at the weekend left me very impressed with the crank drive system combined with derailleur gearing.

So far I'm down to the following models as my choice for purchase. It won't be used for commuting.

E-motion 700, Trek T500+ WSD (not yet available), Kalkhoff B27 (not yet available). Kit-wise, I've ruled out the Wisper kit (too far off in the future) and one or two others. The Alien Kit is still in mind whilst I gather more information.

One major consideration on choice of ready-built bike is rolling resistance within the front or rear hub. Of the bikes I tried only the E-Motion rides like a normal bike when power is switched off. I'm impressed!
Regards
vectra

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Of the bikes I tried only the E-Motion rides like a normal bike when power is switched off. I'm impressed!
Regards
vectra
This is due to the Panasonic motor system it uses, so the same applies to the twenty odd makes that use that excellent system.

The Claud Butler brand name is used by Falcon Cycles who usually just buy in stuff. The electric bikes have sometimes been rebranded American Schwinn models, made in China like so many now, but Schwinn electric bikes haven't been highly rated. The lack of any technical details on Falcon's website is very offputting for what is a technical product. Not remotely in the same league as the Spanish made BH e-motion.

vectra

Pedelecer
Feb 5, 2011
This is due to the Panasonic motor system it uses, so the same applies to the twenty odd makes that use that excellent system.

The Claud Butler brand name is used by Falcon Cycles who usually just buy in stuff. The electric bikes have sometimes been rebranded American Schwinn models, made in China like so many now, but Schwinn electric bikes haven't been highly rated. The lack of any technical details on Falcon's website is very offputting for what is a technical product. Not remotely in the same league as the Spanish made BH e-motion.
Flecc. Thank you. Point taken about the lack of information on the Glide 2 however for the sake of a difference in price of some £650.00 I still could do with trying one!

I've certainly reached a decision that I won't purchase without a test run. My decision is therefore delayed whilst awaiting Kalkhoff and Trek and the delivery into the U.K of the B27 and the T500+, assuming I can obtain a test ride. Looks like March/April?
Regards
vectra
:confused:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Point taken about the lack of information on the Glide 2 however for the sake of a difference in price of some £650.00 I still could do with trying one!
Of course, that's always worthwhile, and it looks like a straightforward mainstream hub motor bike. The big question mark as ever is the battery, what type is it, how much for a replacement and will one even be available in a couple of years time when needed, given Falcon's e-bike model changing history.