Complete Beginner, what should I buy?

Stactix

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 12, 2023
You've put yourself in some dilemmas. Folding bikes are convenient for storage, but or not very good for touring on riding longer distances. Non-folding bikes can be a bit awkward to carry up stairs. Light bikes are easy to carry, but have small batteries, so don't go far. Consealed batteries look great and are secure, but when it comes time to replace, you're probably going to wish you'd chosen something different.

If it helps, you can make any bike go flat to keep it from blocking gangways by fitting folding pedals and quick release screws for the stem clamps so that you can turn the handlebars in line with the wheel for storage. Neither of those things cost much.

With your very low body weight, you'll get much more range than us, so I think you'd be OK with a relatively small/light battery.
Thank you for the info!
I think what you're saying is that I may need multiple bikes to cover all angles? ;)

I popped into Primera sports after work yesterday, really helpful guy did steer me towards the Haibike trekking mid 3, which spec wise/price wise looks perfect but think it would be a struggle to lug that up the stairs.

Stactix

Jul 12, 2023
Please let me know which Wisper you would like to try and I will make arrangements for your local dealer to have one in store for you.

All the best, David
Hey thank you for this,

I'm not 100% sure, I quite like the look of the Tailwind Trail Cross & City crossbar

5ft3 so height and also weight is a consideration due to 1st floor flat.

Would be used for commuting but hopefully long distance multi day trips etc in the future.

Stactix

Jul 12, 2023
A bit? LOL.

You want bike as easily accessible as possible. Small outdoor shed would be ideal.
I would really try to arrange something. Maybe talk to landlord?
Unfortunately not really possible, my current flat might have been due to them finally sorting out the area round the back and tiding it up but my new flat has a small drive/ no out door space and communal corridor shared with one other flat but wouldn't want to obstruct the minute I move in! :D