Controller help

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
It would work, but why would you want to use that one? It has no control panel, so you'd need to find and install a switch somehow. It has the useless three-speed switch which requires another switch (3 position), and they don't tell you the size, so you could end up with another one that doesn't fit.

mark71070

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 11, 2024
It would work, but why would you want to use that one? It has no control panel, so you'd need to find and install a switch somehow. It has the useless three-speed switch which requires another switch (3 position), and they don't tell you the size, so you could end up with another one that doesn't fit.
OK that's understandable

mark71070

Mar 11, 2024
So the 1st one you linked to would be a better bet then
Appreciate all the help so far mate

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
So the 1st one you linked to would be a better bet then
Appreciate all the help so far mate
Yes, but it says it's only 13A, so 87% of the power of your original. You can get more power by adding a bit of solder to the shunt inside of it. the shunt is a piece of metal that looks like a staple. If you solder 10% of its length, you get 10% more power. Normally, just soldering up one leg is about right. That's if you need the power. Another thing is that it'll be unrestricted, so might be illegal, depending on your motor's max speed.

The LCD ones are a lot better, but they cost more.

mark71070

Mar 11, 2024
OK ty for that
Only want basic for now just to get backward n forward to work n fishing
Also that would fit in its original place due to its size