Controller Help,

fishzx7r

Pedelecer
Sep 8, 2010
Colchester, UK
Hi
Would it be ok to seal the controller and the bunch of wire's that go with it in a plastic bag,before it goes in the plastic holder thats attached behind the seat on my bike,
I am trying to make it a bit more water proof, but don't want to damage the controller,,

Rob

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
It can be a good idea if it's all very dry when sealed in Rob. 24 hours in a warm dry room first would help with that.

The small bags of silica gel dessicant that we sometimes get packed with the electronics goods we buy can be useful. One of those pre-dried in a low oven and then packed into the plastic bag as well will absorb any latent damp and prevent any corrosion.

fishzx7r

Pedelecer
Sep 8, 2010
Colchester, UK
It can be a good idea if it's all very dry when sealed in Rob. 24 hours in a warm dry room first would help with that.

The small bags of silica gel dessicant that we sometimes get packed with the electronics goods we buy can be useful. One of those pre-dried in a low oven and then packed into the plastic bag as well will absorb any latent damp and prevent any corrosion.
Cheers for the reply Flecc, looks like I will be bagging it up tomorrow,after I have left it in doors for today,

Thanks for your help mate!

Rob