Courier claims forms Quick Links

shemozzle999

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 28, 2009
After my recent damaged motor purchase from China I am leaving a quick link to the Fedex (formally ANC) claims form.

I am doing this as they do not make it very easy to find.

I invite members who have problems with shipping to add to this thread any other courier links so as to make it easier to claim.

Tip: Remember to keep all packaging and ask the supplier to provide photo evidence of goods prior to shipping.

Link:

http://images.fedex.com/downloads/gb/claims/claimform.pdf

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4366

I hope you get something from them.

When my motors were damaged, after hours of communication and several visits, I finally got them to agree to send the motors back at their cost so that i could get the money back from Paypal. You're covered by Paypal as long as you send the items back, which is normally too expensive.

Scimitar

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 31, 2010
Ireland
I found DHL to be brilliant at re-imbursing me for serious damage to an item that one of their gorillas had played pat-a-cake with. I made a point of taking good pics and emailing their Irish manager directly. Sorted within a couple of days.

D

Deleted member 4366

I found DHL to be brilliant at re-imbursing me for serious damage to an item that one of their gorillas had played pat-a-cake with. I made a point of taking good pics and emailing their Irish manager directly. Sorted within a couple of days.
Have you actually got agreement from them to pay, or did you get what I got: lots of requests for forms and photos, and then statements that you're not entitled to any compensation because the contract is between them and the sender, so he gets compensation if anyone..........., but what they're really after is evidence that the item wasn't adequately protected to counter his claim?

shemozzle999

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 28, 2009
Early days yet for my case D8veh, only confirmation of receipt of my email claim, although if you claim in USA or Canada there is an online system not yet available over here.

I imagine I shall be herded down the usual disconnect route prior to reaching an agreement with them.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4366

I can only report from my own experience. I had motors damaged exactly the same as yours, but they were quite clear that only the sender could get compensation, and told me I would have to claim from him. As I said before, after a very long conversation with several people from their customer service, I finally got them to send them back at their cost so that I could get my money back from Paypal, who then gets it back from the supplier, who then gets it back from DHL insurance. In my case, the supplier EVassemble were also asking for photos etc, so that they could claim, but I don't think that they intended to re-imburse me. Once paypal had given me the money extracted from their account, they emailed me to say that they had re-funded me, but they could've done that in the first place. paypal will not re=fund unless you send the stuff back.

If I were you, I'd do the same as I did and get DHL to send it back free, otherwise you'll be stuck with it and no compensation. Maybe your supplier is a good one and has a conscience, but I'd rather be certain that I was going to get my money.
Here's mine:

Scimitar

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 31, 2010
Ireland
Have you actually got agreement from them to pay, or did you get what I got: lots of requests for forms and photos, and then statements that you're not entitled to any compensation because the contract is between them and the sender, so he gets compensation if anyone..........., but what they're really after is evidence that the item wasn't adequately protected to counter his claim?
No, they coughed up almost immediately. I let it be know I wasn't taking any crap from them.