crank sensor wires

steveindenmark

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 10, 2011
I am having a problem with Jannies Compy.

Phil has sent me a new crank sensor with wire and connector attached. Neither the sensor or the connector will go through the hole where all the wires go through to the controller box.

Is there a way I can remove the connector push the wires through the hole and reconnect it. It would save a lot of hassle.

Problem 2. I need to replace the disc sensor on the crank. I have taken the plastic cap off the crank and removed the bolt but the crank is still secured firmly. How do I get the crank off to remove the disc.

I have just e mailed Phil who I am sure will come back to me but I thought I would try on here as well.

Steve

NRG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 6, 2009
Crank removal tool for problem no.2

Search Results

What does the connector look like? you may be able to remove the pins from the plastic housing and feed the wires through...

steveindenmark

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 10, 2011
Thanks NRG.

I have sorted the crank. It needs an ISIS Crank puller because the crank is hollow. I will order that and it will be here in a few days.

Here are some photos of the connector.

I hope these are ok.

Steve

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
With those sort of plugs, the flat zone of each pin inside the body has a long U section cut into it and the U section blade sprung out slightly to one side. The blade end of that latches onto a ridge in the plastic body.

If you find a thin blade of some sort to push in alongside each pin in turn, you should be able to press in that blade section allowing you to pull on the cable side to retract the pin. Repeat that for all four pins, but note the cable colour order first of course.

To reassemble, just push each pin back in turn until it's sprung blade latches inside the plastic body.

NRG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 6, 2009
Yes, in your second picture you can see a small gap / space under each pin, you will need to insert a pin or very fine screwdriver into the gap to press back the retaining spring thats part of the connector. It can be tricky to do, do not pull hard on those wires!!!

You may also need to gently re-spring /flex the retaining spring before inserting back into the plastic housing...make sure you get the colour order correct and also the orientation of the pins so they click back into place...