Cube HPC SLX

gtfreight

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 17, 2024
Rochdale
Hi,
I've only just joined and left an introduction explaining a bit about myself.
I have been considering an e mountain bike for a couple of months now and with some advice I'm looking at a new Cube HPC SLX 140 with a 750 wh battery.
The reason I'm looking at this bike is that I've been told that the Bosch power supply is great and the components on the bike are pretty well specced for the price. I'm wanting dual suspension due to a back injury I took on 10 years ago.
There's plenty of hilly off road routes in my area and with carrying a bit too much excessive weight I think I'll need the larger battery.
Does anyone have any unbiased opinions on these bikes or any other suggestions for me to consider?
Thanks for your time.
Gary.

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
Dont have, but it looks ok tbh. carbon frame, good mid drive, excellent brakes. Wheels okish, not keen on 28 spoke count. fork/shock, drivetrain- fair.

To my mind it looks like a good quality mid range Esuss

Why Cube though ? Any specific reason for them over another brand.

You could also take a look on the EMTB forum, which is more dedicated to E-mountain bikes, the majority suss set ups. This forum is more the hub drive/conversion type of thing.

Reactions: gtfreight

gtfreight

Apr 17, 2024
Rochdale
Dont have, but it looks ok tbh. carbon frame, good mid drive, excellent brakes. Wheels okish, not keen on 28 spoke count. fork/shock, drivetrain- fair.

To my mind it looks like a good quality mid range Esuss

Why Cube though ? Any specific reason for them over another brand.

You could also take a look on the EMTB forum, which is more dedicated to E-mountain bikes, the majority suss set ups. This forum is more the hub drive/conversion type of thing.
The reason I'm looking at Cube is that I've been told that bang for buck the value is pretty good.

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
Well take a look at the other forum. its a good place to get the low down on Cube or any of the manufacturers, plus personal reviews.

Make sure you get a 2024 model. Some sellers sell older models at cheaper prices, usually 2022/23 but faff about with the componentry. So instead for example, a fox 34, they stick on a rockshox 35 silver, which is a pretty cheapo fork as it goes.

Reactions: gtfreight

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
carbon bike frames bend and flex giant had some frames crack on there bikes in weeks of being bought and then tried to fob everyone off with it is the paint cracking then it was the filler cracking so then 1 pi%%ed of person sanded it all out and found a giant crack in the carbon frame and then made everyone wait a year for a new frame.

plus i have seen so many bikes just snap in half over the years as these things are not made like f1 cars and if they was the frames would be 20k on its own as 1 tiny flaw it goes in the bin.

id not have one for free the way i ride my bike ;)

gtfreight

Apr 17, 2024
Rochdale
carbon bike frames bend and flex giant had some frames crack on there bikes in weeks of being bought and then tried to fob everyone off with it is the paint cracking then it was the filler cracking so then 1 pi%%ed of person sanded it all out and found a giant crack in the carbon frame and then made everyone wait a year for a new frame.

plus i have seen so many bikes just snap in half over the years as these things are not made like f1 cars and if they was the frames would be 20k on its own as 1 tiny flaw it goes in the bin.

id not have one for free the way i ride my bike ;)
Thanks for the advice. At my age and in my condition I don't plan on thrashing it round like a younger rider.