Cube Kathmandu Just Landed.

CubeKathmandu

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 18, 2021
Hi everyone - just a brief intro to say; "Hello". I'm really looking forward to learning about e-bikes from this great community.

I am in Kinross-shire and we just have so many lovely runs around here and quite roads.

I've just posted on the thread about 2022 Cube Kathmandu with my initial observations and I hope to provide updates as my exciting journey continues.

All the Best!

Reactions: 802Kmighty

CubeKathmandu

Oct 18, 2021
Many thanks, James! The weather is set "fair" for the next three days - a great chance for a good run!

CubeKathmandu

Oct 18, 2021
Here's a 12-month update on how I've got on with my 2022 Cube Kathmandu Hybrid Pro.

I love it!

Just turned 600 miles today - it really is a Grand Tourer. Average speed 14.0 mph and maximum speed "achieved" 37 mph - a bit scary. The Kathmandu is really heavy and so has a momentum probably too high for the capacity of the brakes.

I fitted a Topeak rear carrier bag, a Cateye copper bell and a Zefal spy mirror along with DMR pedals. I've done two 51-mile day tours and several trips at the foot of the Lomond Hills up here. In addition, many circuits of Loch Leven.

It was a bit of a leap of faith buying online, but it was easy to set up and I'd rate the fit for me at 95% perfect, the cross bar just a wee bit too high across all sizes but the reach, fully extended, just perfect for my riding style.

The 2022 model was colour I ordered was Silver/Gray Black, but the colour of mine is Silver/Green Black - a colour used further up the 2022 range.

Good - beautifully built with a well balance motor/ battery set up. Great paintwork. A dream to ride and just sails up the hills. Very comfortable and I really think this model hits the sweet spot in the Cube range for this style of bike.

Room for improvement - geometry - cross bar just high enough making sizing awkward. Really heavy, the nature of well-engineered ebikes, possibly. Colours maybe just on the austere side.

It's very interesting, this time last year the Cube 2022 bikes were being well marketed in the UK. I haven't noticed much information on the 2023 range - one thing for sure the Cube Kathmandu is going to keep selling well.

Overall verdict - great bike, easy to live with and I'm so looking forward to doing a few more miles next year.

Attachments

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
Dropper posts are a good addition to a cross bar bike, mainly because they make getting on it really easy.
The dropper on my bike weighs over 630 grams. I've a carbon post i could fit, which weighs 225 grams. Swapping it over would give me a saving of an easy 3/4 a pound(14 ounces). But i find the dropper too handy for mounting the bike. - Drop post, swing leg over, hit button and post rises to full height behind me. Sorted :D

Now its a year, maybe look to choosing a better more capable brake and dumping the poo fork. Those parts always make a difference to ride feel and ability/confidence.

Last edited: