Cutting off my nose...

frank9755

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 19, 2007
London
As you say, Flecc, the Panasonic motor is proven. The teething troubles I recall with the Agattus mainly seemed to concern the hub gears.

Note I'm not attempting to draw a comparison between the reliability or quality of Powabyke and Kalkhoff, but the usefulness of having a bike versus waiting to get a bike at some point in the future.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I agree that's worth considering if there's to be long wait.

The Nexus 7 gearhub is a long established model of course, so it seems there might have been a problem batch, but the problem seemed to vanish after those two that cropped up.

Tim

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2006
London
Drumroll.... we had a delivery of 49cm Gents Agattus today, the first Kalkhoff pedelecs with crossbars to reach these shores, and an equal number of 53cm step thru Agattus, plus a small number of 49cm step thrus.

So, at long last, we can begin fulfilling some of those delayed orders, in the order they were placed. Our workshop guys are giving the bikes pre-delivery inspections today and deliveries will commence tomorrow. Phew.

This also means I should be able to publish an actual photograph of a real gents style Agattu on the 50cycles website before the weekend.

Pro Connects are still due in mid-April, along with Agattus in the remaining frame sizes.

S

stokepa31

Tim

Does your post imply that there are not enough to go round all the pre-orders??

Paul

HarryB

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 22, 2007
London
Tim

Does your post imply that there are not enough to go round all the pre-orders??

Paul
I don't think it does. I think they are going to be 'fair' in that those who ordered first, get them first (although they must be despatching in order of geographical location as well).

When I ordered my 49cm gents I was told that I was ordering one of the last of the batch arriving in March. That was at the end of Feb so hopefully those ordering recently were told they might have to wait. Am I being over optimistic?

Last edited:
S

stokepa31

Well I ordered a Pro-connect at the weekend and have been told April so fingers crossed for everyone.

Paul

StrangeFish

Pedelecer
Jan 24, 2008
Bristol (BS14) UK.
Drumroll.... we had a delivery of 49cm Gents Agattus today, the first Kalkhoff pedelecs with crossbars to reach these shores, and an equal number of 53cm step thru Agattus, plus a small number of 49cm step thrus.

So, at long last, we can begin fulfilling some of those delayed orders, in the order they were placed. Our workshop guys are giving the bikes pre-delivery inspections today and deliveries will commence tomorrow. Phew.

This also means I should be able to publish an actual photograph of a real gents style Agattu on the 50cycles website before the weekend.

Pro Connects are still due in mid-April, along with Agattus in the remaining frame sizes.
Yipee! Whooooo! jumps up and down! manic laughing! and finally..crying! ( ok, not crying, but you get my drift)..:) :D

musicbooks

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2007

Over the moon.. The wait is finally over.. At last I can stop whingeing and whining:eek:

musicbooks

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2007
until you find a problem with it;) only joking - it'll be perfect. Hopefully you will be singing it's praises on here in couple of days time.
Thank you Citrus.. I will give the full low down after a couple of runs up and down the beautiful but very steep hills of Bath..
BW
musicbooks

simonbarnett

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 26, 2007
West Hampstead, NW London
Having started this long running thread, I should try to end it by saying my nose has been spared and my face is beaming as the Agattu's battery is now on charge for tomorrow.

musicbooks

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2007
Having started this long running thread, I should try to end it by saying my nose has been spared and my face is beaming as the Agattu's battery is now on charge for tomorrow.
Fantastic News Simon.. Welcome to the wondeful world of the Agattu!
BW
musicbooks