Cyclamatic Battery Conversion?

alfazzr

Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2012
Does anyone know if it is possible (or easy) to use a Cylcamatic battery for a "project" bike. ie how easy is it to connect up the terminals without attaching a Cyclamatic bike ?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
You can use any lithium battery on any e-bike, just connect the positive and negative terminals correctly but continue to use the original charger for that battery.

However, batteries do vary in terms of their discharge rate ability. The Cyclamatic one is probably quite low rated for it's not very powerful motor, so using it with a very powerful motor/controller setup could restrict the latter's performance and result in shortened battery life.

alfazzr

Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2012
Thanks Flecc, imy query was more to do with wether one could easliy connect to the external terminals on one of the batterries designed to sit end on down into the battery carrier. My frame does not allow that so I will have to mount it on the rear carrier.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I'm not familiar with their arrangement, but the battery platform normally has bolted or similar wired terminals on the underside that you can join extra leads onto to give a spur lead for connection to a battery in another position. If it has an external to battery on/off switch, it's best to connect the positive spur lead on it's output so that the switch operates for for both battery positions.