Cyclamatic Power Plus Battery problem Help needed

Kevin101

Just Joined
Mar 29, 2014
Hi Gents,

Recently I went over a big curb on my 24v cyclematic (rear motor) and immediately started having battery discharge problems.

The Battery would only run for approx 30 seconds then cut out now it doesn't start at all. I've taken it to a local electric bike shop for tests.

The battery is showing full charge on the indicator and confirmed with a multimeter. The shop I went to only had 36v battery's we tried one on the bike and the bike worked.

The bike is out of warranty
Any advice?

Thanks

D

Deleted member 4366

You should take the top off and check the solder joints to the key-switch. other than that, it could be any of the sense wires pulled off. Are you OK with soldering etc. If not, you can send it to me, and I'll fix it.No charge for fixing, but you have to pay the postage at about £7 each way by Collect Plus or Hermes.

If you have the skills,but not the knowledge, I should be able to walk you through the test procedure, which is fairly straightforward if you have a voltmeter.

Kevin101

Just Joined
Mar 29, 2014
Hi do you mean on the board inside the battery?

If so my battery is actually glued in so I don't have access to the board.

One thing I did notice this on the rear of the key switch does this have any significance?

Attachments

D

Deleted member 4366

that's the key-switch, but your photos from the side don't show anything useful. You have to take it out to examine the solder joints.

if you want to sort it yourself, switch it on and measure the voltage at the bottom terminals. Then measure it at the charger port - the two outside holes.

Check the main fuse too.