Cyclamatic power plus - motor cuts out

Mr F.

Just Joined
Mar 3, 2022
I am new to the world of ebikes and find this site fascinating if not a little confusing with some of the technical terms.

I would like your advice regard the problem I am having with a recent purchase, I believe I know the answer but would appreciate expert advice.

I bought a 2nd hand Cyclamatic power plus “sold as seen” which superficially is in very good condition. The battery charges the battery, the battery test button shows red, yellow & green bars but when the throttle is quickly opened there is a click and all the lights (battery bars as well ) go out and no power.

Turning the key on and off resets this. Pedal assist starts but also cuts out. I can use the throttle if I open it VERY slowly and creep up to 10 mph ish with the handle bar light dropping down towards red also with the rear wheel lifted off the ground there is no cut off. The motor is 24v and the battery is metered as 28.63v.

Is this just down to a tired battery or is there something more major at fault? Your advice and recommendations will be much appreciated.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Yes it certainly sounds like it, though the charge at 28.63v is a bit low so could indicate an unbalanced battery with a low cell group or a bad cell group.
If the battery is tired then the voltage collapses with a load then rebounds when the load ceases.

If one is a practical person then opening the battery to take 7 individual cell group readings may be able to pin point the issue more and whether it may be possible to recover the fault.