Cyclamatic power plus power problem

Mikee p

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 24, 2021
Hi I have a cyclamatic power plus that I'm having problems with. The battery is fully charged and the connectors at the bottom of the battery and case are clean and lifted enough to make a connection but when I press the power switch on the 'throttle' the led's dont light up. I've opened the casing on the bottom and there were 2 wires not connected a white wire with a black plastic connector and a thicker blue wire that connects with the round electrical connectors with the rubber casing. Should these of been disconnected for a start (connecting them hasnt made a difference) and secondly has anyone else experienced this problem? Thanks in advance... mikee
Ps. I've just attached a photo of the wires in question, the green tape is just so I know what wires were what. Thanks again

Attachments

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The Blue bullet is a phase wire so yes it need s to be connected, the white wire is a speed restriction wire.
Does the bike work with PAS when pedalling ?

Mikee p

Mar 24, 2021
The Blue bullet is a phase wire so yes it need s to be connected, the white wire is a speed restriction wire.
Does the bike work with PAS when pedalling ?
No I dont get anything at all when pedalling, I've seen people say the led's flash whilst pedalling but this doesnt happen to me. Thank you for replying, I've attached the wires now btw

Mikee p

Mar 24, 2021
No I dont get anything at all when pedalling, I've seen people say the led's flash whilst pedalling but this doesnt happen to me. Thank you for replying, I've attached the wires now btw
Is it worth me taking the throttle apart to see if there is corrosion?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
If pas doesn't work then something is wrong personally before getting the throttle issue sorted I would get the pas going first. Pas sensor and magnet disc are attached to the bottom bracket make sure it is fitted correctly, the disc should be firmly secured to the bottom bracket sq taper shaft and only rotate when the pedals rotate, the disc sensor should be fixed and aligned with the magnets as they pass. The gap should be about 1mm, if the sensor has a Red LED is should blink as the magnets pass.
Once this checked if no joy check the pas connection to the controller is sound.
If you have a digital meter some voltage reading can be done to see if it is working.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Vfr might chip in on this one as he knows the Cyclamatic very well.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
You can't solve your problem without a voltmeter. You need to check whether the voltage from the battery is reaching the controller. You must check on those red and black bullet connectors first. If you have battery voltage there, then you have to check between any of the thin red wires and any black to see if you have 5v, which indicates that the controller is working. Those two measurements will give a good clue as to where the problem is.

Mikee p

Mar 24, 2021
If pas doesn't work then something is wrong personally before getting the throttle issue sorted I would get the pas going first. Pas sensor and magnet disc are attached to the bottom bracket make sure it is fitted correctly, the disc should be firmly secured to the bottom bracket sq taper shaft and only rotate when the pedals rotate, the disc sensor should be fixed and aligned with the magnets as they pass. The gap should be about 1mm, if the sensor has a Red LED is should blink as the magnets pass.
Once this checked if no joy check the pas connection to the controller is sound.
If you have a digital meter some voltage reading can be done to see if it is working.
Ok, thanks again for replying I will order a digital meter and then come back once I have one. Thanks for your time

Mikee p

Mar 24, 2021
You can't solve your problem without a voltmeter. You need to check whether the voltage from the battery is reaching the controller. You must check on those red and black bullet connectors first. If you have battery voltage there, then you have to check between any of the thin red wires and any black to see if you have 5v, which indicates that the controller is working. Those two measurements will give a good clue as to where the problem is.
Thank you for the reply, I will do as suggested and get a voltmeter.