Cyclamatic PowerPlus BROKEN Bottom Bracket Axle

hotrodstoyz

Just Joined
Aug 27, 2010
phoenix, arizona
Hi everyone, I bought a 2010 cyclamatic power plus back in November of 2009. Living in Phoenix, Arizona and putting over 3,500 hard miles in the first 2 1/2 years. I've replaced the front forks, 2 sets of front rims, battery, planetary gears in the rear hub. ( I replaced the nylon gears with a bronze alloy, cut on a CNC Wire EDM machine.) This bike has been through 3 bike vs. car, (one truck ) accidents. I'm not a very good rider I guess. Anyway to the point. I am a good size guy 6'3" 285lbs with out the back pack. I've been able to find and fix everything else on this bike. Personally I think the frame is great and the rest can be upgraded. EXCEPT this axle. measuring the broken one I got 158.86mm.
I've looked and looked but have had no success. Somebody, anybody please help me

johnc461165

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2011
WN6
Hi there, suggest you put this in electric bike section for better a response, quite a few Cyclamatic owners on here, photos and any other info would be a good help. John

Deano

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 3, 2012
Couldn't get hold off one. I bent end of mine in accident, no way it could be used long term like that. I bought second hand bottom bracket had end lathed of an cut and shut at engineering workshop - details at bottom. Workshop top quality so was £100

I note you had bronze gears made for you. I'm interested in that, do they still have cnc parameters who did it etc?

Safire Associates
Unit P Liners Ind Estate
Pitt Road Freemantle
Southampton
SO15 3FQ
Tel & Fax: Southampton, UK (023 80) 232321
Mobile: 07768 294599
adrian@safire.uk.com
safire design engineers home page with an overview of our facilities and services including metalwork manufacturing, links to detailed sections of our work and case studies
safire water jet home page

Deano

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 3, 2012
Interesting. I might get one just to have a closer look. Ball race flanges look too close together. anyone confirm this is right part?

BTW workshop found steel not to be hardened but actually made from a very hard steel. It needs to be machined with high quality cutting tools cause it's no pussy.