Cyclamatic Xmas tree lights not on

jazdow

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 20, 2012
Hi
I have a Cyclamtic Power Plus which I really enjoy. I,ve had it for 3 yrs with no problems. Yesterday,I came back from a run , with power left in the battery. I went to the bike later ,switched on but no lights were showing on the hande bar indicator - just a momentary glimmer from the red LED.
Charged the battery but no difference - nothing showing at the handlebars when I switch on.
Anyone got any ideas?

Cheers
Jazdow

jazdow

Jan 20, 2012
No, nothing works. Checked the voltage across the connections at the bottom of the battery - 29v . So plenty of charge there.

J

D

Deleted member 4366

If you have 29v at the bottom of the battery, Your problem must be the connection from the pins underneath that go into the battery. There's only one other place that could cause the problem, and that's the two bullet connectors between those pins and the controller that are in the controller compartment under the battery. my guess is that it's the pins that go into the battery. Give them a good clean. Have a look intp the clips under the battery. Do they look damaged or dirty at all? You can take the bottom off the battery to service them. Make sure that the battery is switched off in case they touch. Often, the two middle ones are spare, so when the outer ones are knackered, you can resolder the wires to them and swap them over.

jazdow

Jan 20, 2012
If you have 29v at the bottom of the battery, Your problem must be the connection from the pins underneath that go into the battery. There's only one other place that could cause the problem, and that's the two bullet connectors between those pins and the controller that are in the controller compartment under the battery. my guess is that it's the pins that go into the battery. Give them a good clean. Have a look intp the clips under the battery. Do they look damaged or dirty at all? You can take the bottom off the battery to service them. Make sure that the battery is switched off in case they touch. Often, the two middle ones are spare, so when the outer ones are knackered, you can resolder the wires to them and swap them over.

jazdow

Jan 20, 2012
Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
I had it working yesterday. Plenty of power to the controller. Pulled the connection to the indicator lights and when I reconnected they were working. However this morning all dead. Tried the same trick but nothing.
Controller fault?
I've been looking for a replacement. The original is very small and I've not found anything so far.
Anybody know where I could get one?

Cheers