Cycle Analyst

Marky T

Pedelecer
Sep 13, 2009
Hi all,

I've been thinking of getting one of these or something like it and in the light of recent events, I want to monitor more closely, the battery parameters. Does anyone out there own a Cycle Analyst, what do you think of it? Is it possible to unplug the shunt sender cable either at the console end or the shunt end, or cut and reconnect the cable in some way. I ask this, because I would want to run this cable through the frame of my Rush Trek.

Thanks Marky T

aaannndddyyy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2007
Norwich Norfolk
Hi all,

I've been thinking of getting one of these or something like it and in the light of recent events, I want to monitor more closely, the battery parameters. Does anyone out there own a Cycle Analyst, what do you think of it? Is it possible to unplug the shunt sender cable either at the console end or the shunt end, or cut and reconnect the cable in some way. I ask this, because I would want to run this cable through the frame of my Rush Trek.

Thanks Marky T
Hi Marky T

I have the DP Cycle Analyst which I have had about a year, as I have a powerful motor it is important to be able to control how much juice is being taken from the battery the Cycle Analyst is the perfect tool for that, I needed to open the Cycle Analyst up a while back to add a resister and took a photo hope that helps

C

Cyclezee

Hi all,

Thanks Marky T
Hi Marky T,

I have one on my trike and find it very useful. There is lots of info on the makers website here The Cycle Analyst Homepage - Ebike Amp-Hour and Watt Meter

J:) hn

Marky T

Pedelecer
Sep 13, 2009
Thanks all, think I might ask Santa to drop one off, think I've been a good boy this year. Cheers, Marky T.

Chief eZee Power

Pedelecer
Feb 8, 2007
Shanghai
The CA is the best instrumentation there is for ebikes. I would not have make it across China 5400 km that crossed mountain ranges and deserts without it. From the CA I am able to read exactly the Volts, watts, amps, Ah, Wh, Wh/km, kmph, KM, and actual cycling time in hrs, mins, secs and therefore know what is going on at the moment, what's used and what is left and what need to be done. In this way I was able to ration my battery comsumption to make it to the next destination by controlling the speed and consumption and how much harder I need to push with my legs, especially when I find very difficult situations in the mountains or high head winds, and the pleasure of knowing how much advantage I am getting from a tail wind to make the best of it.

eZee will have the CA as a standard option which could be simply plugged on in-place of our current simple LED battery gauge.

The CA is now available in UK with Onbike Ltd.

Chief eZee Operator

C

Cyclezee

The CA is the best instrumentation there is for ebikes. I would not have make it across China 5400 km that crossed mountain ranges and deserts without it. From the CA I am able to read exactly the Volts, watts, amps, Ah, Wh, Wh/km, kmph, KM,Chief eZee Operator
Just to add to the Chief's post, the readout can be set to miles as well as kilometers.

Marky T

Pedelecer
Sep 13, 2009
The CA is the best instrumentation there is for ebikes. I would not have make it across China 5400 km that crossed mountain ranges and deserts without it. From the CA I am able to read exactly the Volts, watts, amps, Ah, Wh, Wh/km, kmph, KM, and actual cycling time in hrs, mins, secs and therefore know what is going on at the moment, what's used and what is left and what need to be done. In this way I was able to ration my battery comsumption to make it to the next destination by controlling the speed and consumption and how much harder I need to push with my legs, especially when I find very difficult situations in the mountains or high head winds, and the pleasure of knowing how much advantage I am getting from a tail wind to make the best of it.

eZee will have the CA as a standard option which could be simply plugged on in-place of our current simple LED battery gauge.

The CA is now available in UK with Onbike Ltd.

Chief eZee Operator
Need I ask, or need I say anymore? With that endorsement I'll get one as soon as possible, thank you.

Marky T.

Synthman

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 31, 2010
Oxford
I'd love to fit a CA but first I don't know if it will be compatible with my bike, as it probably has more electronics than the standard ebike. And second I won't be able to cope with the wiring. If it did work, and someonw would be willing to fit it, I would.

Marky T

Pedelecer
Sep 13, 2009
Hi all,

I have seen the Cycle Analyst on Ebay, £91 plus about £8 shipping from USA.
Is there any reason why I shouldn't buy? OnBike are charging £130 plus post.

Thanks Marky T

C

Cyclezee

Hi Marky,
If buying from the US you will almost certainly have to pay customs charges and not have the same level of backup as you would get from Onbike.